Car Maintainance Tips

Car Maintainance Tips

Postby lisaroy1 » Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:01 am

1. Check your oil once a month. Wait until the car has been stationary for five minutes so the engine is cool, and open the bonnet for an accurate reading.

Make sure the oil level is above the minimum mark and below the maximum mark. Top up accordingly – check your vehicle handbook for the correct oil.

2. Check the coolant

Open the bonnet and ensure your water levels are topped up correctly.

3. Check brake fluid

It’s important to see if your brake fluid is at the right level – but don’t change it yourself – leave this to the professionals.

Don’t open the container or touch it yourself. If a bit of dirt gets in this can damage the whole system.

4. Get regular maintenance checks

You wouldn’t get into an aeroplane which hasn’t been checked regularly by an engineer, so why not do the same for your car?

Try and make sure your car gets checked regularly, and have an awareness of its condition.

5. Check your tyre pressure

This will extend the life of your tyres and you’ll save up to ten per cent on fuel if your tyres are pumped up correctly.

Under-inflated tyres on a bike will make it harder to pedal – cars are similar.

6. Check the tyre tread depth

The minimum legal requirement is 1.6mm of tread depth which is a safety requirement too.

Worn down tyres can skid – if this happens it’s likely your tyres are nearing the end of their life. Try and get them changed as soon as possible.
lisaroy1

Re: Car Maintainance Tips

Postby briensmith » Sun Jul 24, 2011 4:36 pm

Check the engine oil at regular intervals: The performance of the car engine is largely dependent upon the engine oil. The decrease in the level of engine oil is usually shown by an indicator. For effective performance of the engine it is an absolute necessity that you keep on changing the engine oil at regular intervals. Check the working of the car brakes: The braking system of the cars are quite important in the perspective of security. You must keep on looking into a number of factors like whether the brake pedal is too soft to press or whether it makes a squeaking noise. Often it is seen that brakes with low brake fluids tend to become soft. The accumulation of dust on the car breaks also results in the production of abnormal sounds coming from the brakes while they are pressed. If on pressing the brakes your car pulls on to a side then there may be a problem with the adjustment of the brake clearance.

Thanks
car shipping
briensmith

Postby cathesjohn » Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:55 am

Checking and changing oil is critical to keep today’s engines running properly and efficiently. Follow manufacturer guidelines for changing the lubricant – generally, every 3,000 miles or three to six months. Check the oil level with the engine off and the car parked on a level surface. Open the hood, remove the dipstick, wipe it clean with a cloth or paper towel, then return it to the oil reservoir. Take it out again and see whether the level is within the acceptable range marked on the dipstick. If you add oil, don’t overfill, which can damage the engine. Thanks for your valuable information.

semi hood ornaments
cathesjohn

Postby gatesabody » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:43 pm

nice tips guys.. thanks to share with us
http://gatesautobody.com/
gatesabody

Postby mikethomsun » Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:29 am

Thanks for the information about the maintenance of car. Its very important to know the tips.

used cars
mikethomsun

Postby Derek_Miller » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:59 am

Thanks for the info. My car has a few hunting decals here and there and i really love them! but over time they are starting to look old. What do you suggest i do?
Derek_Miller

Postby bmwfanatic » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:39 am

Thanks for the information. It is much appreciated. I regularly check my car and I have a routine cleaning method. I always make a point to stay away from steam cleaning because it will damage my wheels and will cause flaking.
bmwfanatic

Postby kingkong » Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:57 am

Thanks for the tips. useful info on routine car maintenance.
kingkong

Postby webdesignbizz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:07 am

This is very useful information an good tips of car maintenance.Thank you for sharing wonderful post.
webdesignbizz

Postby victorsaver » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:08 pm

Car maintenance is very important because if you don't maintain your well than it might put your life in danger. So keep your car well maintain. Do regular service to your car, Change engine oil between regular time period. Keep spare wheel with you in car when ever you go for long drive.

autotrader promo code
victorsaver

Next

Return to Maintenance, Repair, & Modifications