Is Power Washer good for car cleaning?

Is Power Washer good for car cleaning?

Postby Charlton14 » Sat May 21, 2011 9:47 am

Hello everybody,

I really wanted to know that Is it bad to use a power washer to clean my car with??

Please leave your opinion.

Thanks in advance!
Charlton14

Re: Is Power Washer good for car cleaning?

Postby Barstaple » Mon May 23, 2011 7:33 am

It’s not bad but we have to care about many things while washing car with power pressure washer otherwise it could be take off paint.
So I would like to recommend you must check out http://www.best-pressure-washer-reviews.com/ before going to buy it OR use it.

Good luck!
Barstaple

Postby thompsonmike » Mon May 23, 2011 11:02 am

There are 2 types of power washer...gas and electric...We use electric power washer that is best for cleaning the car.
thompsonmike

Postby roy55 » Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:29 pm

thompsonmike, the drive type is not really an issue here. There are other reasons why one should consider gas or electric washer. For car washing make sure you do not buy too powerful unit. Cold water washer up to 2000 PSI is what you should consider. Small consumer unit will do just great for you. Take a look at this AR390 pressure washer for example. Don't be afraid, a power washer won't harm your car if used carefully. Just make sure you do not spray too close to the surface
roy55

Postby webdesignbizz » Thu Oct 13, 2011 8:02 am

I really don't experienced or encountered having a bad time in using power washer,This power washer is really good and it can clean your car very fast.
webdesignbizz

Postby leonhardt » Fri Oct 14, 2011 6:54 am

Surely not,
but you should use it carefully
leonhardt

Postby Kalinowska » Sat Oct 22, 2011 8:31 am

No, Only use when you need to. i.e. when (if) it's full of thick mud or similar. They are ideal for blasting away loose dirt which could scratch the surface when washing but they don't "clean" very well. They can also damage the paint finish if you get too close and the ones with the rotary nozzle can even remove the paint! Power washing the wheel arches and underside a couple of times a year, especially after winter salt, is a good idea but again avoid the rotary jet ones as they can damage the protective coating.

My advice, use a good quality sponge with lots of "proper" soap and
leave the power washer for doing the patio!

charging station
Kalinowska

Postby J3rr_Ycid » Mon Dec 26, 2011 6:48 am

Some car accessories that are not firmly mounted on the car may get damaged in the washing process. Constant blasting from a power house may even end up loosening some parts or scraping off paint in other parts if small particles of dirt gets shot out of the hose.
Melanie - http://www.carid.com
J3rr_Ycid

Postby irenebl » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:17 pm

it is good but do it right because i have heard horror stories about it taking off the paint and that is not fun for anyone who loves their car!

Carpet Cleaning Sydney
irenebl

Postby Johnssmith » Tue Mar 13, 2012 7:21 pm

ya power washer is good for cleaning i am using it. its nice.
Johnssmith

Next

Return to Maintenance, Repair, & Modifications