How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car.

How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car.

Postby keywordmonster » Sun Mar 15, 2009 11:16 am

I had my car nicked about two weeks ago, I have sent the insurance company all the required docs and incident form. They found the car burnt out a day later. Police were informated as soon as I realised car was gone. How long will the insurance companiy take to pay out?
keywordmonster

Re: How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car. usually within 6 weeks.

Postby jordan » Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:18 am

usually within 6 weeks.
jordan

Re: How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car. 1 week but get on top of them.

Postby Serrinads » Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:46 am

1 week but get on top of them.
Serrinads

Re: How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car. I would prepare for a long wait

Postby cengiz2706 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:58 am

I would prepare for a long wait. 3-4 weeks to start. Fire and Theft claims do need to be investigated (as the previous answers have said). It is a good thing you sent in all your paperwork already. That will help.

Lastly, I would call your theft and fire adjuster often after the 2 week. Your file will find its way to the top of the pile!!!
cengiz2706

Re: How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for a stolen written off car. Simple answer is, As long as t

Postby SonjNipl » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:04 am

keywordmonster wrote:I had my car nicked about two weeks ago, I have sent the insurance company all the required docs and incident form. They found the car burnt out a day later. Police were informated as soon as I realised car was gone. How long will the insurance companiy take to pay out?

Simple answer is, As long as they want!

You can reduce this time by keeping on at them in writing, e-mail and phone.

Be polite but firm, keep asking when they will pay out, and if they have any steps to complete first then ask when they expect that step to be completed.

They will pay up as soon as possible because they want rid of the pressure from you.
SonjNipl

Re: How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for

Postby stevenricherd » Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:56 am

If your particular state requires it and the vehicle is registered, then you probably need to insure it.
If you are string the car in a garage, you may want to insure it with a personal property insurance plan. Those are pretty cheap and only insure something to it's full value. Many car collectors have invested literally thousand upon thousands of dollars in their cars so they unsure them for their value in case of fire or other unforseen damages.

product liability insurance
stevenricherd

Re: How long do car insurance companies take to pay out for

Postby shellyhowell » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:53 am

Good topic you have shared here and i really interested about this subject because last week i have planned to buy term papers online related to this subject only due to my lack of academic writing skills.
shellyhowell

Return to Car Insurance