Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction.

Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction.

Postby gokilop » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:17 pm

The car insurance policy is automatically renewed. The driver forgot to report to the insurance company that he had a speeding conviction before the renew date. Does that mean he has made his policy invalid and would not protected by the policy at all?
gokilop

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. It COULD be, if the insurers ar

Postby keywordmonster » Fri Mar 27, 2009 6:37 am

It COULD be, if the insurers are really pedantic, as you're required to report these convictions. However, most insurers will overlook the odd slip-up such as that.
keywordmonster

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. The policy holder should inform

Postby car4loan11 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 5:05 pm

The policy holder should inform the insurers of any change in circumstances straightaway. The policy probably won't be valid if a claim is made.
car4loan11

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. If your insurance company calle

Postby FireStarter_ma » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:40 pm

gokilop wrote:The car insurance policy is automatically renewed. The driver forgot to report to the insurance company that he had a speeding conviction before the renew date. Does that mean he has made his policy invalid and would not protected by the policy at all?

If your insurance company called you on renewal and asked you if you had any new tickets or traffic violations and you specifically said no knowing you did that could cause you problems, but if they didnt call you and you did get one you can always tell them. Working for an insurance company for years now i know we would never void a policy if they didnt report a violation to us. Not only is it bad business practice but when you think about it they could possibly be collecting more premium for your conviction then they would be to cancel you. I would give them a call and tell them you did get one and I wouldnt worry to much, just always be honest with them because they have the right to pull your driving record and they will call you on your non disclosure if you said no. But dont be to worried and good luck.
FireStarter_ma

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. Yep. Some times they put on the

Postby Rosanna Mckinney » Sun Mar 29, 2009 7:56 am

Yep. Some times they put on the application for exclude 1 or 2 speeding, always better to tell them you know that if there is a chance of not paying they will

Good luck
Rosanna Mckinney

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. I have never had problems with

Postby eloumob » Sun Mar 29, 2009 3:48 pm

I have never had problems with my insurance due to not telling them of a conviction or an accident. Your policy is valid until they send you a letter saying that it is not. If the policy expires and they decide to renew you, they always scan your drivers record. If they do not see the conviction on your drivers record for one reason or another you have nothing to worry about. On several occations I have had a ticket and the insurance company was not able to pick them up from my drivers record for some reason at the time of the renewal or even at future renewals.
eloumob

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. Yes im afraid it is invalid, Wa

Postby AVERY MCDOWELL » Tue Mar 31, 2009 11:01 am

Yes im afraid it is invalid, Was it really forgotton or "forgotton " if you know what I mean :-) My other half tried that one, but quickly managed to change it before anything happened to invalidate the policy
AVERY MCDOWELL

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. Yes, absolutely. Its a requi

Postby Worout55 » Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:28 am

Yes, absolutely.

Its a requirement to tell them of the conviction when you get it, not wait for renewal.

check your T&Cs. Insurance companies used to wait until renewal, now you need to tell them within 24 hours - that all changed about 10 years ago.

If you get a ticket today, and don't tell them today, you are not insured tomorrow.

my SP30 took my insurance up by £30 for the remaining 4 months of my insurance. Some companies allow you one SP30 without impacting your premium but you still need to tell them.
Worout55

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. Could be he better report it no

Postby muromco » Thu Apr 02, 2009 4:35 am

Could be he better report it now even though speeding convictions are not top of their priority list
muromco

Re: Is the car insurance policy invalid if the driver forgot to report the conviction. Any changes to your details nee

Postby Yahoo [Bot] » Thu Apr 02, 2009 9:20 am

Any changes to your details need to be reported to you insurers or if you were to claim on you insurance they may refuse you application
Yahoo [Bot]

Next

Return to Car Insurance