How much do you pay for car insurance.

How much do you pay for car insurance.

Postby lovediaz » Thu Apr 02, 2009 5:51 pm

I am currently a 24 year old male and I think my car insurance company is not giving me the best deal. Who do you get insurance from, how much do you pay and if you don't mind me asking, how old are you and what car you drive. Also what factors determine how much my insurance payments will be?
lovediaz

Re: How much do you pay for car insurance. Insurance varies from state to

Postby celeb_admin » Mon Apr 13, 2009 3:43 pm

Insurance varies from state to state and what you want to be covered such as collision. liability,comprehensive, stacked vs non-stacked. It also goes by what make your vehicle is and what year and if you have safety features such as passive seat belts and theft prevention. In my state of PA. They see what zone you live in to see how many accidents there were in that zone. Just across the street from me they pay less than I do due to my zone being alot of accidents reported. I'm 54 and drive a 2008 Toyota Corolla and I pay around $1700 a year. If I drove something fancier or much more horsepower with less safety features such as no side curtain airbags then I would be paying much more. Remember, Your friends insurance may be cheaper than yours but he may just have the bare minimum of coverage. If you own a house or a lot of money in the bank or have assets if you get in an accident and someone sues you, your coverage may not cover you for everything and your assets can be attached. I use Geico.
celeb_admin

Re: How much do you pay for car insurance. I am 30 yrs old. I have a 1999

Postby fisanagar » Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:25 pm

I am 30 yrs old. I have a 1999 Chevrolet Cavalier with full coverage and my premium is only $326 every six months.

Some factors that determine your premium would be mainly your driving record. If you've had any tickets or accidents recently that will add points to your insurance score and make your rates higher obviously. Ask your agent about any discounts that might be available to you. Some companies won't always tell you about discounts. If you're a student, you may qualify for a Good Student Discount if your grades are good. If you rent a house or apartment look into renter's insurance which could give you a multi-line discount on your auto insurance. Luckily though once you turn 25 you may then qualify for an adult driver rating, instead of a principle youth. Now, I don't know which state you're in, but every state operates a little differently with their underwriting guidelines, available discounts for whichever company you're with. But I would start by calling around to different companies. Most places will do quotes over the phone. Just start shopping around for a better rate. You aren't required to remain loyal to one company or another and it doesn't affect your credit or insurance rating if you change insurance companies.

I work for Cotton States Insurance in TN (where I have my personal car insurance). Cotton States operates in the southeast (TN, AL, GA). We recently merged with Country Financial which operates out of the midwest.

Our rates for youthful drivers with prior insurance and a good driving record are actually pretty good.

Hope this helped a little.
fisanagar

Re: How much do you pay for car insurance. Once you hit 25 it will go down

Postby bambinio » Thu Apr 16, 2009 6:07 pm

Once you hit 25 it will go down quite alot! Check out allstate!
bambinio

Re: How much do you pay for car insurance. Insurance rates vary SO much fr

Postby MioSan77 » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:56 am

Insurance rates vary SO much from person to person. It's based on some of the following: Age, Sex, Where you live, Your credit score, your driving record, your claims record, whether you're married or single, whether you own or rent, and what type of vehicle you own. I'm a 19 year old Married Female that Rents and I Pay 42.00 a month with Progressive on two vehicles with just liability on them. I drive a 92 corolla and a 97 sentra. Call an independent agent and ask for a quote, they'll give you the best deal they can find.
MioSan77

Re: How much do you pay for car insurance.

Postby stevenricherd » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:10 pm

It's fully depend on insurance provider and their terms and conditions, you need to find independently on the internet. There are a variety of different factors to consider before you even look at specific auto insurance plans or packages. The first thing to consider is how much risk you are willing to take. If you like avoiding risks at all costs then you would prefer high coverage limits with low deductibles.

product liability insurance
stevenricherd

Postby richeredadison » Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:48 am

No matters whether you are dreaming to buy a new car or an old one, we at rupeetalk.com can help you in choosing the right option in India. We can provide you complete insight of varied car loan options such as HDFC Bank new car loan, PNB car loan SBI car loan, etc. You can apply for the car loan on one mouse click
Visit the rupeetalk.com to ease your car loan process. Check out expert rating of varied car loan options to judge their popularity. There are varied lenders which are providing car loan in India. We can help you in knowing more about these lenders.
richeredadison

Postby herrys » Fri Sep 21, 2012 7:02 am

Here are some of the factors that determine how much you pay for car insurance.
• Whether or not you get collision and comprehensive coverage
• Driving record
• Your deductible
• Your maximum liability insurance coverage
• Model of car insured
• Insured location
• Credit score
• Type of driving
• How much you drive
• Driving record.
• Car Features

Postby ciara » Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:33 am

Car insurance premium rate is actually depends on many factor like age, type of car, location etc... Generally auto insurance companies take charges expensive premium cost for young male drivers.
ciara

Postby insane.nick » Thu Jan 23, 2014 7:11 am

Dear I would like to draw your attention towards the main/crucial factors affecting the car insurance.:
Age and Gender: Younger drivers (16- to 25-year-olds) and older drivers (74 years and older) have higher rates because they statistically have more accidents. Rates are higher for men than for women because they have a higher accident rate.

Marital Status: Insurance claim statistics indicate that married individuals have fewer accidents resulting in a lower rate, according to Insurance.com.

Traffic Violations:
Traffic violations such as driving above speed limits, driving through traffic lights and failure to give vehicles right of way are factored into car insurance rates. Those occurrences may cause a current insurance policy premium to go up.

Previous Coverage: Insurance companies want information on which company you had previous coverage with, how long you had coverage, and if there were any limitations on the previous coverage.

Use of Vehicle: How you use your vehicle also influences the rate, according to Car Insurance.com. Drive more miles and your rate will be higher simply because you are exposed more potential accidents the more you drive.

Coverage: The extent and features of your car insurance coverage influences the rate. For example, those with a lower deductible will pay more because the insurance company will pay more to repair the car.

Car Type: Your rate for more expensive cars will be more because they cost more to repair. The history of a model and make is considered. For example, if one type of car has a higher incidence of theft, there is a higher rate.

These are the major factors that affect eh sum of car insurance.
insane.nick

Return to Car Insurance