What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy.

What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy.

Postby GoogleBotNeo » Sun Mar 15, 2009 12:20 am

Hello, I am a 23 yr old female, and have never had my own car insurance policy. My car is paid off, but still in my mom's name, with my name on there as well. I have been trying to get my own policy, since she is going to sign the car over to me, but I can't find anything reasonable. I'm paying 65 dollars a month for the policy to be in her name, and I need to stick to that price range. Any suggestions?
GoogleBotNeo

Re: What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy. You probably aren't going t

Postby lytemuq » Sat Apr 11, 2009 4:51 am

GoogleBotNeo wrote:Hello, I am a 23 yr old female, and have never had my own car insurance policy. My car is paid off, but still in my mom's name, with my name on there as well. I have been trying to get my own policy, since she is going to sign the car over to me, but I can't find anything reasonable. I'm paying 65 dollars a month for the policy to be in her name, and I need to stick to that price range. Any suggestions?

You probably aren't going to be able to find anything comparable to what you have now.

You are getting discounts and credits under your current policy that you won't get on your own.

Look around to your local independent agents (those that represent several different companies). They will be able to give you several different prices to choose from.

Be sure to tell these folks that while you haven't had a policy of your own, you have been listed as a driver on your mom's policy (assuming that is the truth) and therefore have been insured. The company will want proof, so be sure to get a copy of your mom's policy with you isted as a driver. Otherwise, the insurance company will charge you more for not having continuous coverage.
lytemuq

Re: What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy. There ISN'T one best.

Postby GoogleBotNeo » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:28 pm

There ISN'T one best.

A policy in YOUR name, is going to be based on YOUR credit rating. That's likely why mom's is so much cheaper.

You need to go to a local, independent agent, and get quotes with different companies, to comparison shop. But unless your credit score is identical to mom's, it's not going to cost the same.
GoogleBotNeo

Re: What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy. No doubt the easiest way to get

Postby DecoderLaw » Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:57 pm

No doubt the easiest way to get insurance quotes is on the web.

Why would you waste your time on the phone calling around?

the last time i needed quotes on insurance i used one of these comparison sites and it was great.

this is the site i used and it was quick like less than 5 mins.

The last thing I want to do is listen to elevator music while waiting for a salesman.

Anyway I got good quotes and ended up saving money so I was happy.

So shop around and compare quotes which is easy on the net.

Good starting point is at this site.

http://insurance.deal4-you.com

Good luck.
DecoderLaw

Re: What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy. The company your parents have m

Postby jameeangel » Wed Apr 15, 2009 3:50 pm

The company your parents have might be your best bet. They will sometimes give you credit for having a policy with them for a long time even though it was in your parents name.
jameeangel

Re: What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy. Don't change it for now. I

Postby xlopotiou » Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:07 pm

Don't change it for now. Insurance companies have higher prices for people younger than 25. With your mom your rate will be better.
xlopotiou

Re: What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old female who has never had her own policy. Hi, I'm an insurance agent

Postby keywordmonster » Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:28 am

GoogleBotNeo wrote:Hello, I am a 23 yr old female, and have never had my own car insurance policy. My car is paid off, but still in my mom's name, with my name on there as well. I have been trying to get my own policy, since she is going to sign the car over to me, but I can't find anything reasonable. I'm paying 65 dollars a month for the policy to be in her name, and I need to stick to that price range. Any suggestions?

Hi, I'm an insurance agent in Texas. We have pretty good rates for younger drivers through Progressive. They write nation-wide. You can do your own quote online at www.progressive.com.

Good luck!
keywordmonster

Re: What is the best car insurance company for a 23 yr old

Postby stevenricherd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:57 am

Car insurance for drivers aged 21 is still considered a high risk. Although you may have been driving since you were a teenager, you still have relatively little experience when you think you could be driving for the next 50 years. Statistically 21 year old drivers are still more likely to be involved in a driving accident. Because you have spent less time on the road, you are more likely to be involved in an accident. As with everything in life, you get better at things with experience. Driving is no different. you can find more information on the internet, there is lot of insurance companies , you can get any affordable price according to their terms and conditions.

commercial property insurance
stevenricherd

Return to Car Insurance