The DVLA "We are here to help" .

The DVLA "We are here to help" .

Postby Tbbxert » Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:34 pm

Has anyone else listened to the crappy advert on the radio were you have some half wit woman trying to put on a Northern accent and she says The DVLA are reasonable people. However Fail to pay your car tax on time and we will Clamp, Tow and Crush your vehicle! Now that's what I call help for those of us that have lost their jobs and cant afford to tax your vehicle! What do you think?

Edit

TS Courie

While your answer is very comendable and law abiding what if you need a vehicle to enable you to look for work and get to your nearest town( I live 1.5 miles to the nearest main road) I have been out of work now for nearly 2 months. My income is £78.00pw it was £500-£600. I have a son at college and a daughter in her final year at school. How is taking my car off the road going to help? I would love to know.
Tbbxert

Re: The DVLA "We are here to help" . i think they are there to help

Postby goorooro » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:48 pm

i think they are there to help themselves and don't give a (flying you know what ) about us drivers
goorooro

Re: The DVLA "We are here to help" . They try and come across all ni

Postby RortJore » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:05 am

Tbbxert wrote:Has anyone else listened to the crappy advert on the radio were you have some half wit woman trying to put on a Northern accent and she says The DVLA are reasonable people. However Fail to pay your car tax on time and we will Clamp, Tow and Crush your vehicle! Now that's what I call help for those of us that have lost their jobs and cant afford to tax your vehicle! What do you think?

Edit

TS Courie

While your answer is very comendable and law abiding what if you need a vehicle to enable you to look for work and get to your nearest town( I live 1.5 miles to the nearest main road) I have been out of work now for nearly 2 months. My income is £78.00pw it was £500-£600. I have a son at college and a daughter in her final year at school. How is taking my car off the road going to help? I would love to know.

They try and come across all nicey nicey, but in fact they are delivering threats.

For goodness sake what on earth do they take us for? Are we supposed to think 'oh she sounds like a nice woman, I suppose I'll pay my car tax in full and on time seen as she's so sweet.'

Like it makes any sodding difference whatsoever as to one's ability to pay?!

TS Cour.. you're missing the point. It's not about whether or not anyone is trying to evade paying tax, it's about the fact that lots of people now find they can ill afford it! So I should go without food, or not pay my utility or council tax bills in order to pay my car tax? That is the reality. And no there is no bus service where I live. Guess I'm going to have to move house then am I, oh wait, I'll need to find £1000.00 in rent and deposit....
RortJore

Re: The DVLA "We are here to help" . If you cannot affford to tax it

Postby Amirisastalkergirlsbcaref » Sun Mar 22, 2009 3:14 pm

If you cannot affford to tax it you can SORN it and take it off the road and no one will crush it.

Tax it or SORN it or get fined and then pay the tax as well

Or you could try to avoid all the new ANPR cameras and drive it and when caught they will take it away and scrap it.

If you do not break the law they will not touch your car - if you do they will and thus helping the rest of us law abiders - so they are here to help
Amirisastalkergirlsbcaref

Re: The DVLA "We are here to help" . sell your car quick

Postby Kupertrupper » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:14 pm

sell your car quick
Kupertrupper

Re: The DVLA "We are here to help" .

Postby stevenricherd » Wed Apr 25, 2012 12:59 pm

May be you have to go for it, sell car if dont want to face something big.

product liability insurance
stevenricherd

Re: The DVLA "We are here to help" .

Postby albert222 » Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:30 am

Don't face them. The best way is that you must have to sell your car.
albert222

Return to Car Insurance