Can i start insurance on a new car with a new insurance provider before the current policy runs out .

Can i start insurance on a new car with a new insurance provider before the current policy runs out .

Postby billibobbi » Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:36 am

My current car insurance policy runs out at the end of the month and I will not be renewing with them. I am getting a new car approx 2 weeks before the expiry date. Can i start the insurance with another company and 'overlap' the insurance ?
billibobbi

Re: Can i start insurance on a new car with a new insurance provider before the current policy runs out . You certainly could . I've

Postby Procezzi » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:50 am

You certainly could . I've done it twice and my insurance company was ok with it.
Procezzi

Re: Can i start insurance on a new car with a new insurance provider before the current policy runs out . You CAN do that since you are c

Postby Altraff » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:28 am

You CAN do that since you are changing anyway.

You might want to notify your PRIOR insurance company once you have the NEW coverage in force - just to avoid any duplication of coverage and any "earned premium." If the company automatically renews and you don't inform them, they might try to collect for the time you had coverage in force.

Just show them a copy of your NEW policy and they will cancel the old.

That's the way it SHOULD be done.

Good luck, drive RESPONSIBLY and I hope this helps!
Altraff

Re: Can i start insurance on a new car with a new insurance provider before the current policy runs out . Perhaps You may google it first

Postby trinabrina » Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:00 am

Perhaps You may google it first ,however, if you like some direct resource ,here http://www.InsuranceFreeTip.info/insurance-for-free.htm might be your choosing.
trinabrina

Re: Can i start insurance on a new car with a new insurance provider before the current policy runs out . autoinsurance.noneto.com - try

Postby Sandvikla » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:32 pm

autoinsurance.noneto.com - try this one. I have their car insurance and, as I know, they can provide such a service.
Sandvikla

Re: Can i start insurance on a new car with a new insurance

Postby stevenricherd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:54 am

I think anyone can't start insurance on a new car with a new insurance provider before the current policy runs out, but it is fully depend on insurance companies term and conditions. you need yo consult with your insurance provider.

commercial property insurance
stevenricherd

Postby insane.nick » Thu Oct 11, 2012 5:52 am

Ya, you can easily start a new car insurance, but read the terms & conditions of insurance company before buying policy. There are so many insurers offer many value add on‘s like Towing Facility, Depreciation cover, etc. but what they do not tell you is you can save up-to 55% on your car insurance[/url] renewal premium and new car insurance premium.
Last edited by insane.nick on Fri Feb 21, 2014 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
insane.nick

Postby herrys » Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:31 am

You may choose to leave your present auto insurance carrier for any number of reasons, such as poor service, a "personality clash" with your agent, increasing premiums or another reason.
Best Car finance
herrys

Postby emmajenifer15 » Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:28 am

Yes you can avail these opportunity before that policy run out, find some good policy adviser and talk to him with every aspect that where he can give leverage besides other policy adviser. If you do little research you will be to find best policy for the insurance.
emmajenifer15

Return to Car Insurance