How much is car insurance for older muscle cars.

How much is car insurance for older muscle cars.

Postby FerraLM » Sun Mar 15, 2009 3:55 am

I heard that car insurance is pretty expensive for older muscle cars, and I'd like to know around how much a month car insurance would be for a 1968 ford mustang?
FerraLM

Re: How much is car insurance for older muscle cars. I have my 1969 amx insured with

Postby Alfonzo Fischer » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:22 am

FerraLM wrote:I heard that car insurance is pretty expensive for older muscle cars, and I'd like to know around how much a month car insurance would be for a 1968 ford mustang?

I have my 1969 amx insured with the hagerty collector car insurance company. Right now I have an agreed value of $18,000 on my car & $7500 on my enclosed trailor (that is insured with them also) and my premium per year is $360

I do have a mileage limit that is set at 5000 miles per year, but they never asked for the mileage of the car when I got the policy so how will they ever know.
Alfonzo Fischer

Re: How much is car insurance for older muscle cars. IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT AS A

Postby Nataly_kin » Thu Mar 26, 2009 8:26 am

FerraLM wrote:I heard that car insurance is pretty expensive for older muscle cars, and I'd like to know around how much a month car insurance would be for a 1968 ford mustang?

IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE IT AS A DAILY DRIVER THEN YES IT WILL BE EXPENSIVE BUT IF NOT THEN IT IS VERY CHEAP.

I HAVE 1975 PLYMOUTH DUSTER 360 WITH FULL COVERAGE FOR A VALUE OF $17,000.00 WITH SLIGHT MODS AND IT COST $215.00 A YEAR WITH ZERO A DEDUCTIBLE BUT YOU HAVE TO FOLLOW THE RULES.

JUST GO TO http://www.hagerty.com/
Nataly_kin

Re: How much is car insurance for older muscle cars. You don't say anything abou

Postby rookiedoo » Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:33 am

You don't say anything about using it as a daily driver. There are several companies that specialize in classic and collector cars. The drivers of these cars tend to be more cautious than the average driver and because of that , they are able to offer some very attractive rates. I have a 1969 Cougar XR7 convertible and my coverage is only $130 per year. You can tailor the policy to your needs.
rookiedoo

Re: How much is car insurance for older muscle cars. I depends on what you plan to d

Postby elevonu » Fri Mar 27, 2009 3:07 am

I depends on what you plan to do with they car. If it's a daily driver you'll be stuck with liability, which is cheap. If you want classic car insurance you insure to the cars value and they limit your driving.
elevonu

Re: How much is car insurance for older muscle cars. not much at all unless you want

Postby Hannah Moore » Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:38 pm

not much at all unless you want classic car insurance only allowed on car shows and weekend drives but not daily driver
Hannah Moore

Re: How much is car insurance for older muscle cars. i got a 67 GTO and its not insu

Postby SonjNipl » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:52 am

i got a 67 GTO and its not insured......
SonjNipl

Re: How much is car insurance for older muscle cars.

Postby stevenricherd » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:51 am

i have collect a information from somewhere, that your car is as unique as you are, so opting for a “one-size-fits-all” muscle car insurance policy may not be the most suitable solution for you. Some providers can almost tailor make an insurance policy for muscle cars, so that it gives you more or less exactly the level of protection you need.

commercial property insurance
stevenricherd

Return to Car Insurance