Where can I find car insurance for my situation.

Where can I find car insurance for my situation.

Postby Vigmessbaibre » Fri Mar 06, 2009 1:04 am

I've been without insurance for almost a year now. I canceled my old policy because I do not drive my car anymore and I'm selling it. So I finally bought a new car, and I am currently looking for insurance. But I haven't had any insurance the past year. Where can I get insurance?
Vigmessbaibre

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. There are alot of places that w

Postby noredtes » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:19 am

Vigmessbaibre wrote:I've been without insurance for almost a year now. I canceled my old policy because I do not drive my car anymore and I'm selling it. So I finally bought a new car, and I am currently looking for insurance. But I haven't had any insurance the past year. Where can I get insurance?

There are alot of places that will give you insurance, even though you haven't had any for a year. You need to shop around for the best price. One place you can call or go onto the internet is Progressive Insurance, Allstate. Most of them will give you a quote. If you go through a broker they will charge you a brokers fee. One insurance company you really don't want is Bristol West. Most others are pretty decent.
noredtes

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. Almost anyone will insure you w

Postby engs » Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:32 pm

Vigmessbaibre wrote:I've been without insurance for almost a year now. I canceled my old policy because I do not drive my car anymore and I'm selling it. So I finally bought a new car, and I am currently looking for insurance. But I haven't had any insurance the past year. Where can I get insurance?

Almost anyone will insure you without problem as long as your driving record prior to this was clear. If your gap without was less than 12 months your driving record may not even be impacted.
engs

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. This link (http//www.dmv.org/ca

Postby cliffordss » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:12 pm

This link (http://www.dmv.org/car-insurance.php) will take you to a page where you can get quotes from 3 companies. All these companies are brokers. What that means to you is they have anywhere from 3 or 4 to hundreds of insurance companies they check the rates with and then offer you the lowest rate they can find. If you choose a more traditional one-company, one-agent relationship then you have to take the rate that company offers or start the search again with another company.
cliffordss

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. If you do not have to many poin

Postby AlbertEN » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:01 am

If you do not have to many points on your license, or another situation that would prevent you from acquiring insurance, than you should have no trouble. People who have not driven for years, for whatever reason can still buy insurance, as long as their license is in effect. (VALID). You can go on line to Geico, or one of the other mega insurance services. But I would recommend checking with your friends, family, co workers, for a referral to their insurance agent. Preferably a local insurance broker. They have more companies to write for, thus giving you a better choice, and better rates.
AlbertEN

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. try your old place of insurance

Postby carloancalculator11 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:31 pm

try your old place of insurance or just use yellow pages and call around or shop for some on internet
carloancalculator11

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. Where did you get insurance the

Postby batomolo » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:15 am

Where did you get insurance the first time you bought a car? Pretty much any insurance broker or agent should be able to help you, unless there is something in your record. However, some companies will insure you as a new driver because you haven't had and insured vehicle on the road.
batomolo

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. It is a very big problem becaus

Postby JikitominiK » Sun Mar 29, 2009 2:36 am

It is a very big problem because there is a severe shortage of insurance salespeople in this country, it is extremely difficult to find any insurance agency, even in the phone book, and if you can find an agency chances are you will not get an appointment for months since so many are taking up insurance salespeople's time clamoring and begging to buy insurance. Unless there is a state law against it, you may be better off driving without insurance.
JikitominiK

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation. call any insurance company, you

Postby badcreditauto11 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:41 pm

call any insurance company, you will probably pay a higher rate for the first 6mos as you have not carried insurance recently, but

the second 6 mos will earn you a better rate

all insurance companies will penalize you for not having previous insurance (recently)
badcreditauto11

Re: Where can I find car insurance for my situation.

Postby stevenricherd » Mon Mar 26, 2012 6:13 am

Car insurance is an essential part of our life, as without insurance we cant drive safely on roads.

business liability insurance
stevenricherd

Next

Return to Car Insurance