What happens if accidently I gave false information to my car insurance during the application process.

What happens if accidently I gave false information to my car insurance during the application process.

Postby jameeangel » Tue Feb 24, 2009 12:56 pm

I was under the impression that my 2003 car had ABS (anti lock braking system) because my car dealer told me so, I bought it used. Accordingly during the online application for my car insurance I said that my car has an ABS System. Pretty soon after that I discovered that my car does not have such a system. I would like to inform my insurance because I do not want to have problems in case there is an accident. But will they cancel my insurance if I tell them the truth?
jameeangel

Re: What happens if accidently I gave false information to my car insurance during the application process. Call your insurance company and

Postby Romalanin » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:48 am

Call your insurance company and tell them you made a mistake, we are all human and we tend to make them
Romalanin

Re: What happens if accidently I gave false information to my car insurance during the application process. Try using http//My-InsuranceSea

Postby Ritiefsviaf » Sat Mar 28, 2009 7:40 pm

jameeangel wrote:I was under the impression that my 2003 car had ABS (anti lock braking system) because my car dealer told me so, I bought it used. Accordingly during the online application for my car insurance I said that my car has an ABS System. Pretty soon after that I discovered that my car does not have such a system. I would like to inform my insurance because I do not want to have problems in case there is an accident. But will they cancel my insurance if I tell them the truth?

Try using http://My-InsuranceSearch.com to compare car insurance rates for all the major providers in your area.
Ritiefsviaf

Re: What happens if accidently I gave false information to my car insurance during the application process. Just notify the insurer to corr

Postby Xrollosi » Sun Mar 29, 2009 5:46 pm

Just notify the insurer to correct the information. Might be a small increase in premium but that is all.
Xrollosi

Re: What happens if accidently I gave false information to my c

Postby andysmith » Sun Oct 23, 2011 3:14 am

It is not done, it will be a cause of cancellation of your car insurance policy. so better give accurate information to your insurer.
andysmith

Re: What happens if accidently I gave false information to

Postby stevenricherd » Sat May 26, 2012 1:17 pm

It should not be done, so as to avoid chances of any sort of mistake, most of the time it happens with the people and they have to pay huge for this silly mistake.

product liability insurance
stevenricherd

Return to Car Insurance