Can I install a car audio subwoofer into my surround sound system subwoofer.

Can I install a car audio subwoofer into my surround sound system subwoofer.

Postby gairola_2061 » Tue Feb 17, 2009 2:07 pm

I have a surround sound system that has a six inch sub. I want to take that one out and install an Alpine Type R 10" sub into it. Im not big on audio stuff, so I was just wondering if I am able to put a car audio sub into a surround sound sub? Also do you think it will mess up my surround sound system if i changed the six inch sub to a ten inch?? Thanks.
gairola_2061

Re: Can I install a car audio subwoofer into my surround sound system subwoofer. leave the 6 inch, box the 10 in

Postby Deidra Morales » Sat Mar 21, 2009 5:50 pm

gairola_2061 wrote:I have a surround sound system that has a six inch sub. I want to take that one out and install an Alpine Type R 10" sub into it. Im not big on audio stuff, so I was just wondering if I am able to put a car audio sub into a surround sound sub? Also do you think it will mess up my surround sound system if i changed the six inch sub to a ten inch?? Thanks.

leave the 6 inch, box the 10 inch and connect the wires to the center connection, and move the 10 inch away from the 6 inch.
Deidra Morales

Re: Can I install a car audio subwoofer into my surround sound system subwoofer. Actually with that sub, you can

Postby lipsdungeron » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:29 pm

Actually with that sub, you can as long as it's the 4 ohm DVC version. Since it is a DVC (Dual Voice Coil), it can be wired for 8 ohms which is what home systems run on (I'm assuming that's what you mean).

Wire the sub like so - http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j230/sparky3489/SERIES-DUAL.jpg

Be sure to put it in the right enclosure. Here's how http://spkrbox1.spaces.live.com
lipsdungeron

Return to Car Audio Systems