How does the Buick Enclave front wheel drive handle on snow covered roads.

Postby SilverStera » Sat May 09, 2009 9:50 am

SilverStera

Re: How does the Buick Enclave front wheel drive handle on snow covered roads. usually the best cars for snow

Postby Gabriopa » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:31 pm

usually the best cars for snow are

1. AWD

2. 4x4

3. front Wheel Drive

4. Rear wheel Drive

i myself have a Front wheel car (Chrysler Sebring) and it handles good on the snow but once you hit that little ice patch forget all handling is not in affect because you will just slide around.
Gabriopa

Re: How does the Buick Enclave front wheel drive handle on snow covered roads. The all-wheel-drive system oper

Postby autoshop11 » Mon Jun 08, 2009 2:35 pm

The all-wheel-drive system operates automatically, full-time all the time, adjusting to road speed, throttle position and the relative speeds of each of the four tires, wet or dry.

I think the all-wheel drive is well worth the extra money. Normally, it is biased 90/10 front/rear torque split, normally operates between 40/60 and 60/40 in most driving, and can divert 100 percent of available torque to the rear wheels if necessary. No buttons, no ranges, no fuss, just traction
autoshop11

Re: How does the Buick Enclave front wheel drive handle on snow covered roads. It's just a big FWD car - i

Postby brendonwol » Wed Jun 10, 2009 5:21 pm

It's just a big FWD car - it'll be decent, but if it's a concern, the best solution is to put four winter tires on it. I have an Accord and I have four Hankook snows mounted on rims - it works very well in the snow. And because I have them mounted - changing them is a snap, I do it myself.

Remember - AWD does not help you stop, only go - and people generally get in accidents because they can't stop. Winter tires make a huge difference. Go to tirerack.com or tires.com. They'll cost less than the AWD would have been, and you'll get more life from the standard tires since they won't be on as much, which will offset a large portion of the cost.

Hope this helps.
brendonwol

Re: How does the Buick Enclave front wheel drive handle on

Postby wink » Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:07 am

From what 2010 owners have said, FWD addresses, well, like a FWD. Certainly AWD is better but whether or not you NEED this will depend upon your requirements: A. Is the additional Cash for AWD any concern at all for you? B. Do you generate only plowed roadways during the snowfall season? C. Do you like the back end of the CXS better than the CXL that you'd go without AWD just to get the firefox fatigue openings?
Answer YES to any of these and you don't need AWD. Response NO to any and I'd say go for the AWD, especially now that you can get the 3.6L website and not the 3.0L.
if been troubled on how to replace a wheel, you can check out automd.
wink

Return to Buick Forum