How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992 Buick Park Avenue.

How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992 Buick Park Avenue.

Postby Zottekefunfor » Sun Mar 15, 2009 5:16 am

I'm planning on changing the oil on my 1992 Buick Park Avenue.

I'm going to buy a new oil filter, and I want to know where will the old filter be located in the car? Also what type of oil do I need to put in the car?
Zottekefunfor

Re: How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992 Buick Park Avenue. u need to get someone that know

Postby MightyMasd » Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:15 am

u need to get someone that knows what they are doing
MightyMasd

Re: How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992 Buick Park Avenue. one of the few good oils left t

Postby sashagarrrrison » Tue Mar 24, 2009 2:49 am

one of the few good oils left today is rotella 15/40. this oil still has the pot ash type lubricators for flat tappet type engines the filter i use is a fram tough guard with 99% 2nd pass performance the filter is on the pass side of the car on the back side of the engine not that hard to get to. i usally take mine loose from the top with the pan already in position under the car make sure to warm up the car for around 8 min. and pull it up on the ramps i always remove the oil fill cap before i pull the drain plug to let the oil come out as fast as possible to help rinse out as much debris as possible. then wipe down all oil mating surfaces, apply a thin film of oil to the filter o ring install filter and oil (after re installing drain plug) replace filler cap and start the car and check for leaks and wala your a pro and good luck!!!
sashagarrrrison

Re: How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992 Buick Park Avenue. since u are taking on maintence

Postby Stewhendduede » Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:32 pm

since u are taking on maintence duties you should buy a repair manual from your auto parts store, it will tell you the filter location how much oil u need and the type.

when i bought my first manual i kicked myself for not buying one before and with that old of a car u will be sure to have to do other light duty repairs.
Stewhendduede

Re: How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992 Bui

Postby insane.nick » Tue Dec 06, 2011 10:49 am

Connect the negative battery cable with a socket wrench. Lower the floor jack supporting the engine. Fill the engine oil to the proper level if necessary and start the engine. Check and fix any oil leaks.
insane.nick

Re: How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992 Bui

Postby ChristopherF » Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:00 am

You did a right decision in posting your question here. You will get a lot of tips in here and because of that you will not anymore use a lot of money just to ask for a professional to take care of your car when in fact, there's a lot of things that you can do it by yourself. They used to say you should have an oil change every 3,000 miles you travel. These days, most technicians will tell you that it is overkill. But normal oil changes are still crucial, and need not be done by an expensive professional. It's a fairly easy job, and much more cheaply done in your house. Source for this article: Changing oil is not rocket science
ChristopherF

Re: How to change oil and oil filter, and what type on 1992

Postby stenejohn » Thu May 17, 2012 1:48 pm

Changing the oil filter isn't that difficult if you get the car on a lift. It's round, can sized and located on the passengers side facing the firewall. Look under the hood and you'll see it next to the exhaust pipe where it goes down under the car. The oil type is 10w30 I think, check your oil filler cap.

Thank you.

Yamaha Motorcycles
stenejohn

Return to Buick Forum