Got P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Checksum Error

Got P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Checksum Error

Postby gujju » Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:13 pm

I have a 2001 Town and Country(9 years-75K milages on it) that the MIL recently came on.The error is very popular "P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Checksum Error" , but car runs absolutely fine. So Should I re-programm PCM or get new one? Because to re programm pcm it will cost me $70 and refurbished one will cost me around $200. What should I do, any advise?

Thank you
gujju

Re: Got P0601 Internal Control Module Memory Checksum Error

Postby Julin » Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:05 am

Hi I Well according to me you should go for the reprogram as it is costing you a less amount. Used Machinery for sale
Julin

Postby Travis » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:57 am

I would reccomend taking your car to your local indy and getting a real diagnosis. It seems that your Engine Control Module has failed, providing you with the check some error.
Last edited by Travis on Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Travis

Postby nilohamsi » Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:21 am

It indicates that there is a problem in the PCM and may need to report to some of the expert. The code P0601 is an indication of the serial code failure in the computer at-least six times. No systems will be recognized unless we do control check up. I had gone through the post. The Engine control module or the Power Train Control Module is very important for the Vehicle. The maintenance of these is very important and must be very accurate for the proper maintenance of the vehicle. I have not driven my car for 4 weeks the car started fine until a few days later when I had a couple of mates in the car whistle I went to cash line who listened to the radio with out the ignition on. Never the less, the car wouldn't start and i got a jump from the passer by.

engine control module
nilohamsi

Return to Chrysler Forum