Problems getting my 2000 Daewoo leganza to start..Any suggestions.

Problems getting my 2000 Daewoo leganza to start..Any suggestions.

Postby megastylers » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:35 pm

I recently bought a used 2000 Leganza CDX. I replaced the alternator, starter, and battery. When I try starting it, all of the lights on the dash come on, and the starter clicks, but it won't start. When I first started noticing the problem, it would take 5-10 times of turning the key, then the car would start up. Now it won't at all. Do you have any suggestions of what the problem might be?
megastylers

Re: Problems getting my 2000 Daewoo leganza to start..Any suggestions. sell the POS. buy toyota, honda

Postby lestorinsc » Tue May 26, 2009 10:31 pm

megastylers wrote:I recently bought a used 2000 Leganza CDX. I replaced the alternator, starter, and battery. When I try starting it, all of the lights on the dash come on, and the starter clicks, but it won't start. When I first started noticing the problem, it would take 5-10 times of turning the key, then the car would start up. Now it won't at all. Do you have any suggestions of what the problem might be?

sell the POS. buy toyota, honda, or nissan.....
lestorinsc

Re: Problems getting my 2000 Daewoo leganza to start..Any suggestions. first off find out if there is

Postby Siny » Thu May 28, 2009 6:45 am

megastylers wrote:I recently bought a used 2000 Leganza CDX. I replaced the alternator, starter, and battery. When I try starting it, all of the lights on the dash come on, and the starter clicks, but it won't start. When I first started noticing the problem, it would take 5-10 times of turning the key, then the car would start up. Now it won't at all. Do you have any suggestions of what the problem might be?

first off find out if there is a short causing battery drain use a starter/charger on the high amp setting and try starting car.if that works 5 or six times move on to figure out where the short is. if that doesnt help i would look at the ignition switch and related controls that engage the starter dust dirt and grime are some of the biggest culprits(dirty contacts on ignition switch) on less spendy and poorly engineered cars

and ya buy a toyota
Siny

Re: Problems getting my 2000 Daewoo leganza to start..Any sugge

Postby mariohugo11 » Sun Jan 30, 2011 12:02 am

your post on the dawoo not starting is about 3 years old so i figured you started it! i have the same problem! please let me know what you did to start yor car! my daewoo wont start it not battery, starter, lights go on it just does not click!
mariohugo11

Re: Problems getting my 2000 Daewoo leganza to start..Any sugge

Postby wink » Thu Oct 13, 2011 2:18 am

in my researched about this problem, it is said if the car cranks and refuse to start, determine what's missing, fuel or spark. Get a carb cleaner and spray into the carb or the throttle body on an EFI. Did it start and die? If not disconnect a sparkplug wire or 2 and ground it to the engine -have helper crank engine over-do you have a snapping blue spark? If so-you have a fuel problem, check the fuel pressure to rule out the fuel pump/pressure regulator and listen to the injector/s are they pulsing or hook up a noid light. if the fuel and spark are both present, then you should check the valve and the ignition timing. hope that this would help. if problem still persisted, try to have some daewoo recalls and this may help to solve the problem.
wink

Return to Daewoo Forum