My car catches sometimes at the back when going up steep ramps and off kerbs.

My car catches sometimes at the back when going up steep ramps and off kerbs.

Postby patnadsat » Tue Jun 09, 2009 1:04 pm

Hi

My car (daewoo lanos) has just started to catch the road surface when dropping off a kerb, or going up a level on a multi storey car park. It only catches at the back, and is worse if there are people in the back. What could this be and how can I test this?

Thanks
patnadsat

Re: My car catches sometimes at the back when going up steep ramps and off kerbs. It sounds like you need new sho

Postby loonmdesam » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:04 am

patnadsat wrote:Hi

My car (daewoo lanos) has just started to catch the road surface when dropping off a kerb, or going up a level on a multi storey car park. It only catches at the back, and is worse if there are people in the back. What could this be and how can I test this?

Thanks

It sounds like you need new shocks on the rear. Might as well check the fronts as well when you have that fixed.
loonmdesam

Re: My car catches sometimes at the back when going up steep ramps and off kerbs. First, stop going over curbs. Y

Postby KenMarshall » Tue Jul 14, 2009 5:57 am

First, stop going over curbs. You are overloading your vehicle and have damaged your springs and shocks!
KenMarshall

Re: My car catches sometimes at the back when going up stee

Postby andysmith » Mon May 28, 2012 1:10 pm

Thanks for the information, it is really great for us to keep the condition good for the accessory of the vehicle.

sap solution manager
andysmith

Return to Daewoo Forum