2000 Daewoo Lanos continually overheating should i get a new engine or just get rid of it and get a new car.

2000 Daewoo Lanos continually overheating should i get a new engine or just get rid of it and get a new car.

Postby animarto » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:41 am

animarto

Re: 2000 Daewoo Lanos continually overheating should i get a new engine or just get rid of it and get a new car. Well unless you killed the engi

Postby gogonasr » Sat Jul 11, 2009 5:55 am

Well unless you killed the engine you should not need one for an overheating problem. However I will say this, Daewoo was bought buy GM and then dismanteled. I have a customer that had (maybe still has,Havent seen it in awhile) a Daewoo and that is what I found out. I went online and found a dealership within 500 miles that still had access to parts and was able to get some for the car. They were not right, Close but not right. I had to modify to make work then only gave a temp status on repair. I dont like being negative but I would bail out on that car first chance I got. There is not going to be anything available for it soon if not now. Anyway I just called my supplier to see and absolutley nothing for that car is available to me. I would run that car till it died then fill it full of scrap metal and haul it to the salvage yard and collect my cash.

I realize those were nice cars but if there is nothing available to repair it then it is just a giant paper weight.
gogonasr

Re: 2000 Daewoo Lanos continually overheating should i get a new engine or just get rid of it and get a new car. There are a couple of things i

Postby nocreditcheckauto11 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 5:37 am

There are a couple of things i would check first. First is the radiator cap - it may be weak and not doing the job right. second - are you losing anti freeze?? if so your reservoir may be cracked and need replaced. Third - is your fan coming on after the engine is at operating temperature. and last is make sure all the air is out of the system - take off the radiator cap and bring the engine up to operating temperature and add fluid as needed. good luck
nocreditcheckauto11

Re: 2000 Daewoo Lanos continually overheating should i get a ne

Postby Daniel Smith » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:51 pm

I would take your car to a trusted garage & get them to diagnose the problem. I don't think the problem will be as drastic as replacing the engine, but if you do need any parts for your car try these guys for cheap Daewoo Car Parts.
Daniel Smith

Re: 2000 Daewoo Lanos continually overheating should i get

Postby dariuswilkinson » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:59 am

Well, this was very late in time but as far as i know there are local junks out there where you can have those parts for replacement. But if you wish or if you dont have enough time to go there then there are online retailers that deal with such stuff. personally, this is known to many. I have ordered a new engine at jcwhitney and this is where I get auto interior parts that best fit on my vehicle.
dariuswilkinson

Return to Daewoo Forum