daewoo lanos car help. Wont start.

daewoo lanos car help. Wont start.

Postby WortUore » Sat Jul 04, 2009 8:44 am

Yesterday night was the last time i drove it (im learning how to drive) when i turned it on i kept turning the key when the car was on. Then today i try and drive it and it wont turn on. lights and radio come on but not the engine. I have no knowlage of cars. Could you help me?

Some one told me it could be the spark plug.
WortUore

Re: daewoo lanos car help. Wont start. u fucked up ur starter

Postby automobileloans11 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:30 am

u fucked up ur starter
automobileloans11

Re: daewoo lanos car help. Wont start. I would put my money on the sta

Postby Radek64 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 7:54 pm

WortUore wrote:Yesterday night was the last time i drove it (im learning how to drive) when i turned it on i kept turning the key when the car was on. Then today i try and drive it and it wont turn on. lights and radio come on but not the engine. I have no knowlage of cars. Could you help me?

I would put my money on the starter, if it makes no noise when you turn the key and all the lights are on and do not dim much the battery and connections should be good. Put a battery charger on the battery, and make sure the connection on top of the battery are tight, if they look all corroded and yellow/white then you might need a mechanic to replcae those for you. But my money in on the starter, which is a high powered motor that turns over the engine until it can sustain itself, a lot of times when you try to start a car that is already on the starter dies, had it happen once to me.

Oh and have gun getting any parts for a daewoo, get rid of it if you can.
Radek64

Re: daewoo lanos car help. Wont start. Does it makes the "Clickin

Postby Karen Spencer » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:25 pm

WortUore wrote:Yesterday night was the last time i drove it (im learning how to drive) when i turned it on i kept turning the key when the car was on. Then today i try and drive it and it wont turn on. lights and radio come on but not the engine. I have no knowlage of cars. Could you help me?

Does it makes the "Clicking" noise when you try to start the car? If yes it could be starter. Some time bad starter could cause such problem. If your radio and lights are working, i guess battery is ok. Just replace the starter and you would be good to go.

All the best :-)
Karen Spencer

Re: daewoo lanos car help. Wont start. check battery connectens, make

Postby MatiCamsv » Mon Jul 27, 2009 9:41 pm

check battery connectens, make sure battery is good,then look at starter
MatiCamsv

Re: daewoo lanos car help. Wont start.

Postby Daniel Smith » Thu Jun 03, 2010 3:58 pm

I agree with the above comments, your starter motor is knackered. To keep the cost down try a scrapyard or if no luck there then try these guys for cheap Daewoo Car Parts.
Daniel Smith

Return to Daewoo Forum