shocked with all these negative comments

shocked with all these negative comments

Postby cotty59uk » Wed Mar 10, 2010 1:44 am

Hi Folks, This is my first thread post and a bit of a rant,
I am shocked with all these negative comments concerning the Daewoo and especially the SOHC Lanos.
Iv'e had my Lanos (W Reg) 1.4 SE for over 14 months and never had a single problem with it that can't be repaired quickly, easily and cheap.
Here in the UK the SOHC Lanos basically houses the Vauxhall Astra MKII engine & running gear with very few Daewoo parts added, which in all context is basically a Vauxhall Astra with a Daewoo shell atop.
Forget all those crazy myth's that obtaining parts for a Lanos are hard to aquire also the Myth that they are only available for outrageous prices through Chevrolet or GM (Vauxhall) dealers as nearly all parts for the SOHC Lanos are readily available over the counter at most high street car shops and motor factor outlets and if not they can usually be ordered and aquired within the hour.
I've just recently replaced the Timing Belt, Water Pump, Thermostat and coolant temp switch on my car with brand new parts (All Vauxhall Astra Parts) that were readily available over the counter at just £43 the lot.
For all those in the UK who doubt the popularity of these superb cars, the next time you are out and about make a point of looking out for all the different types and models of cars using our roads today, and be prepared for a complete shock at the amount of Daewoo cars that actually use those very same roads.
It really does seem that for whatever reason's these Daewoo cars are a no go zone in other parts of the World, but here in the UK they have become a very popular car that i would recommend to anybody.

Bilbo. ;)
cotty59uk

Re: shocked with all these negative comments

Postby emyjackson2020 » Fri Nov 26, 2010 6:11 am

Sorry to hear about your condition. Unfortunately, I don't think a bank cares and your contract is legally binding. Unless there is a fine print on the contract that allows you to get off the lease without any consequences, you are probably going to be stuck.
There are options, you can sell the car privately or trade it in. If you sale privately, you may be able to recover most of what you owe the bank. If you trade it in, you may actually owe the bank several thousands. It all depends on the condition of the car and the mileage it has. However, at $700 per month over 15 months, you are looking at about $10500 in expenses, if you can get off the lease at a loss of a few thousand instead, it might be worth it to sell the car and take a loss.
emyjackson2020

Re: shocked with all these negative comments

Postby burtonroger83 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 5:38 pm

Sometimes people look at the symbol of the car and don't know what that car is made of! I own a Daewoo Cielo (Nexia in UK) and I also have most of the parts from Opel (Vauxhall in UK) and I don't have troubles with it! Reliable and cheap to run cars, as parts here in Romania (GM original parts from Korea) are very cheap at this model.
burtonroger83

Return to Daewoo Forum