how to install a car seat in a dodge ram.

how to install a car seat in a dodge ram.

Postby hellbring » Sun Apr 12, 2009 2:44 pm

i have a 2000 dodge ram 1500 extended cab. i also have a newborn, and i am wondering how if possible i can put a car seat in the truck, because the back seat isnt very big and when the car seat is back there, the front seat won't go back to seating position because the car seat is in the way. Is there a special place or anything special i should do to make it fit?
hellbring

Re: how to install a car seat in a dodge ram. If possible (if front isn't

Postby hellenmoranov » Sun May 03, 2009 12:32 am

If possible (if front isn't a bench seat) I'd put the car seat in the middle in the back seat. Its the safest position anyways, and that way wouldn't hinder the passenger seat. As for the handle having to be down - read your manual, some car seat carrier models require it to be down, some require it to be up. The previous poster is wrong - not ALL of them require the handle on the carrier to be down while in the car. Go to the link below and search the compatibility database for a seat that will work in your truck. I searched and it came up sayinga Graco Snugride worked, as well as a Britax Roundabout. Remember, too, that even with a convertible car seat (one that goes both rear and forward facing) it doesn't have to be reclined to a 45 degree angle forever, until the child is about 5-7 months old, and then it can be put in a more upright position giving the front seats more room.
hellenmoranov

Re: how to install a car seat in a dodge ram. There is no way someone on here

Postby alotebugo » Mon May 04, 2009 6:06 am

There is no way someone on here can accurately tell you how to install your car seat. Call you local fire/police/hospital and find out where they do infant seat checks/installations. They can make sure you are using your seat correctly...most people don't... and make sure that it is placed in your car/truck correctly.

Just FYI... that handle on your infant car seat/carrier...it should ALWAYS be in the down position when you are using it in your car/truck!!!

Please go let someone help you with this issue. Your child's safety is what you risk if you do not.
alotebugo

Re: how to install a car seat in a dodge ram. We have a Toyota Tundra and had

Postby AndroniPioper22 » Wed May 06, 2009 10:39 am

We have a Toyota Tundra and had a similar issue. But the passanger seat is connected to the middle in the front bench seat (the driver seat is seperate) we put the infant carrier in the middle and had the passanger side/middle seat pulled up very far, so it did not touch the seat. My hubby is a big guy, so his seat was where it needed to be. the baby was safe and in the middle.....and me......well, lets just say the lack of leg room was worth keeping my baby safe.

good luck
AndroniPioper22

Re: how to install a car seat in a dodge ram. Call your local police or fire

Postby medicukr » Wed May 06, 2009 1:26 pm

Call your local police or fire department and ask if they have Car seat Checks in your city/town. Our fire department will check the way your seat fits and tell you the safest place you should install it and make sure it is installed correctly.

\

Good Luck
medicukr

Re: how to install a car seat in a dodge ram.

Postby hybenz » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:57 am

i unintentionally bumped this thread up after two years old of being posted in this club. but i guess there's no other recommendation i can give but to go directly to the nearby service center in your place.

Ram performance parts
hybenz

Postby thompsonmike » Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:35 am

I would first recommend you to first go through the guidelines about the child seat the do any modifications as you like. The seating arrangement and the other stuffs should be accordingly.
Used Cars for Sale
thompsonmike

Postby Marcia Gentile » Wed Aug 17, 2011 6:47 am

I found this on Yahoo Answers. It says there If possible, put the car seat in the middle in the back seat. It is the safest position and it would not hinder the passenger seat. Read your manual if the model of the car's car seat carrier requires the handle to be down and other requires up. Just go to yahoo answers and it will give information about problems or inquiries about your Ram parts and other accessories also with other models too.
Marcia Gentile

Postby andisix44 » Tue Sep 20, 2011 12:22 am

Marcia Gentile wrote:used car toronto
I found this on Yahoo Answers. It says there If possible, put the car seat in the middle in the back seat. It is the safest position and it would not hinder the passenger seat. Read your manual if the model of the car's car seat carrier requires the handle to be down and other requires up.

Can you give the exact Yahoo Answers link of the one you've talking about?? Thanks!!
andisix44

Postby jacklee » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:34 pm

Hey for more information, you search on Google, you will easily get it.

Diesel Power Chips
jacklee

Next

Return to Dodge Forum