installing a car radio for a dodge stratus.

installing a car radio for a dodge stratus.

Postby Kellian » Wed May 27, 2009 2:18 pm

When I bought my 2002 Dodge Stratus it had no radio so I asked the car lot to install one, they did and it worked fine. My question is " If it works then why does the digital lights constantly blink?" I know theres something not right but my main concern is could it eventually short circuit something else?
Kellian

Re: installing a car radio for a dodge stratus. could be a loose ground wire or

Postby h0maroma » Fri Jun 19, 2009 2:10 am

could be a loose ground wire or could be a connection where the light wire for the car powers the radio. If it was installed correctly then a fuse should blow if it shorts. I would have it looked at as a precaution
h0maroma

Re: installing a car radio for a dodge stratus. you either have a loose ground

Postby DrFilkuZ » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:03 pm

you either have a loose ground wire or where the harness plugs together at they didn't get it tight,you,ll need to pull the radio back out to check this,its a simple project on that car,id say you,ll find a loose ground wire when you remove it,that's the most common cause for it,unless they installed a bad radio,good luck.
DrFilkuZ

Re: installing a car radio for a dodge stratus.

Postby logelmark » Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:28 am

I know that my post here is too late and I do apologize for that. The topic here caught my attention. Actually, when it comes to radio installation, the first thing that you should check first is its wiring. Wire connection plays an important role to the car's audio. When it comes to dodge stratus, installation to had steps to follow. I guarantee you that you will not have a hard time installing it because dodge parts and accessories especially wires are easy to find and affordable.
logelmark

Return to Dodge Forum