What is the best way to sell my Ford Explorer.

What is the best way to sell my Ford Explorer.

Postby besoza » Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:53 am

Due to economic reasons and gas being so high, I have decided to sell my V8 ford Explorer. But I am aware that prices on overesized vehicles are going down due to the raising costs of crude. What is the best way to sell my vehicle?
besoza

Re: What is the best way to sell my Ford Explorer. Hopefully you don't owe muc

Postby wevimej » Mon Mar 30, 2009 3:16 am

Hopefully you don't owe much on it. I seriously doubt you'd make enough to pay it off. I hope you're prepared for that if that's the case. Explorers are bringing $5-6K under what they usually bring in trade, so yes, the market has dropped considerably on them.

You can try craigslist, Autotrader, and the local paper (all inexpensive).

If you do owe quite a bit on it, and try to sell it for the amount you owe, you'll probably find that buyers won't even touch it. If this is the case, it's best to just keep it and ride it out. Edmunds.com put a nice "keep it or trade it" calculator on their site for just this purpose, to show folks how much they'd save in gas and how long it would take to make up that gas savings if you lost thousands in trade/resale.

*Edit* - don't try the "full coverage insurance, total the car in a wreck" idea. Insurance companies are on to that.
wevimej

Re: What is the best way to sell my Ford Explorer. Place an ad in the newspaper cl

Postby HANK YORK » Mon Mar 30, 2009 6:38 pm

besoza wrote:Due to economic reasons and gas being so high, I have decided to sell my V8 ford Explorer. But I am aware that prices on overesized vehicles are going down due to the raising costs of crude. What is the best way to sell my vehicle?

Place an ad in the newspaper classifieds. In the AutoTrader and on Craigslist.

Keep expectations low. The market as you expect is very soft for these trucks and the prices are falling drastically.
HANK YORK

Re: What is the best way to sell my Ford Explorer. you can trade it in for a diffr

Postby Diamondull » Fri Apr 03, 2009 12:39 pm

you can trade it in for a diffrent one or get someone to crash it and if you got full coveridge then get it tottalde for a smaller car or sell it online on Ebay or something
Diamondull

Re: What is the best way to sell my Ford Explorer.

Postby rickythomas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:26 am

There are lot of option for selling used car you can find them independently on the internet, there are many websites you can highlight your car's details for selling, if any used care buyer come across the website and if he see your car's ad so that is possible he will contact you for buying your car.

binary options
rickythomas

Re: What is the best way to sell my Ford Explorer.

Postby jwatson » Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:55 pm

You can post car add on top auto classified ads sites like criglist, olx, etc.
www.quickgarage.com
jwatson

Return to Ford Forum