why does my honda car engine cut out randomly.

why does my honda car engine cut out randomly.

Postby Durmandul » Fri Apr 10, 2009 5:02 pm

Sometimes when I'm driving my car, it'll randomly cut off. ... Once I stop the car and restart it, it'll drive fine for a while until it does the same thing again. Any ideas or possibilities as to why?

my car is Honda Accord 1999 coupe, V6.
Durmandul

Re: why does my honda car engine cut out randomly. Yes everything nino said is goo

Postby GoogleBotNeo » Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Durmandul wrote:Sometimes when I'm driving my car, it'll randomly cut off. ... Once I stop the car and restart it, it'll drive fine for a while until it does the same thing again. Any ideas or possibilities as to why?

my car is Honda Accord 1999 coupe, V6.

Yes everything nino said is good, but doubtful that it's causeing a problem. Go with the tune up along with the coil in the ditributor. The coil when it gets hot will run fine for a little then just shut off like someone turned the key off. Have it tested before anything.

good luck
GoogleBotNeo

Re: why does my honda car engine cut out randomly. First thing i would replace is

Postby Yahonkolod » Tue Apr 28, 2009 5:09 pm

First thing i would replace is the fuel filter. I wouldnt be surprised if a clogged fuel filter was causing these problems.

Then you could do a tune up (Distributor Cap, Rotor, spark plugs)

If this doesnt fix it, it may be beneficial to bring it to someone to take a look. But it is absolutely worth changing these items before you move on to potentially bigger things.
Yahonkolod

Re: why does my honda car engine cut out randomly. my civic used to do that all th

Postby MonsterMadnas » Fri May 01, 2009 11:09 am

my civic used to do that all the time in reverse you might need to clean or buy some new spark plugs or leads you can also get some fuel injector cleaner you add that with your petrol makes then run smooth. if that dosnt fix the problem you should get a civic more reliable then a accord for a 1999 you shouldnt be having problems already good luck
MonsterMadnas

Re: why does my honda car engine cut out randomly. First thin

Postby wespatterson » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:39 am

Yahonkolod wrote:First thing i would replace is the fuel filter. I wouldnt be surprised if a clogged fuel filter was causing these problems.

Then you could do a tune up (Distributor Cap, Rotor, spark plugs)

If this doesnt fix it, it may be beneficial to bring it to someone to take a look. But it is absolutely worth changing these items before you move on to potentially bigger things.

I have to agree that you should do a tune up after replacing the fuel filter. Good luck mate.
wespatterson

Re: why does my honda car engine cut out randomly.

Postby stenejohn » Mon Apr 23, 2012 2:32 pm

In this case i would like to call Honda Customer care to solve my problem.

Thank you.

Cranes for sale
stenejohn

Return to Honda Forum