How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags.

How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags.

Postby lyord » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:46 am

I am thinking of buying a used Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 that the owner claims has rear side airbags. How do I actually verify that the car are installed with those airbag, e.g. are there some documentation or papers that I can refer to? Thanks.
lyord

Re: How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags. I have a '03 Civic EX with

Postby VikaKorvetV » Sat May 09, 2009 3:43 am

I have a '03 Civic EX with Side Air bags for the front. They didn't come with rear airbags.

Look for "SRS" that indicates Side airbags. Mine are in the side "very noticeable" of the front seats. It's a rectangle piece of plastic marked "SRS".

Good luck.
VikaKorvetV

Re: How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags. umm... srs on the dash.. if you

Postby hellbring » Sun May 10, 2009 8:56 am

umm... srs on the dash.. if you can read you with notice.
hellbring

Re: How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags. look on the side. if it says &q

Postby semontius » Tue May 12, 2009 1:37 am

look on the side. if it says "srs" it has them. but i dont think that the civic had rear side airbags in '03.
semontius

Re: How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags. You might want to try asking so

Postby blgspoffy » Tue May 12, 2009 8:47 am

You might want to try asking some owners to be sure:

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/honda-hybrid/

http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/Honda_Civic_Hybrid/

http://www.insightcentral.net/forum/

http://www.greenhybrid.com/discuss/f12/

Considering that the Honda press release for the 2003 HCH only lists the dual-stage driver and passenger front airbags and driver's and passenger's side airbags as standard equipment, with no note about rear airbags as an available option, it is highly possible that your seller is confused. (It's always possible that the seller has a one-off VIP vehicle, but unlikely.)

http://corporate.honda.com/press/article.aspx?id=2002020643225

Normally there's a SRS label wherever the airbags live, so if you don't see any label either just above the rear windows or by the side of the rear seats, it is highly unlikely that any airbags are in the rear area.
blgspoffy

Re: How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags. It may say on the manual in the

Postby carloansnocredit11 » Wed May 13, 2009 11:38 pm

It may say on the manual in the glove box. If not you will have to check with the dealer as to how to know, Honda doesn't encode it in the VIN as some others do.
carloansnocredit11

Re: How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags. According to my research side c

Postby maestroliang » Thu May 14, 2009 11:06 am

lyord wrote:I am thinking of buying a used Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 that the owner claims has rear side airbags. How do I actually verify that the car are installed with those airbag, e.g. are there some documentation or papers that I can refer to? Thanks.

According to my research side curtain air bags for the row 2 passengers was not available in 2003 0r 2004 for Honda Civics. This option was available in 2004 for the Accord sedan only.

This information can be verified by the original factory sticker or even running the VIN through a Honda service department computer.
maestroliang

Re: How to verify Honda Civic Hybrid 2003 has rear airbags.

Postby dariuswilkinson » Fri Oct 14, 2011 5:32 am

Agree with maestroliang. Im on the same boat the last time around but i have consulted the dealership about it. They ask me for the VIN and give it to them. don't really have the idea about it. Anyway, there are used parts being sold to the public just in case you'll gonna need it in the future. Some online parts store are actually making some great offers for it.

Postby andysmth » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:58 pm

i don't think so that at that time airbags in 2003 if you waana verify that just visit near honda civic center they will guide you properly..!
andysmth

Postby stenejohn » Thu May 10, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi,
In this case you have to contact any Registered Honda Dealer they will definitely guide what procedure you need to follow.
So ASAP go to your nearest Honda dealer or you can find them online through help of Internet.

Thank you.

Honda Motorcycles
stenejohn

Return to Honda Forum