94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon.

94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon.

Postby sestomosi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 pm

i have a 94 honda civic that wont start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon when the humidity is gone. what could be wrong. I try to turn on and it sounds like it want to turn on but it wont. Sometimes after several time of trying it finally turns on. once i return from work in the afternoon it starts fine. i have a feeling it may be the humidity in the air in the morning. Could it be the battery or fuel pump or fuel filter?
sestomosi

94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but starts

Postby sestomosi » Wed Jun 24, 2009 8:36 pm

i have a 94 honda civic that wont start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon when the humidity is gone. what could be wrong. I try to turn on and it sounds like it want to turn on but it wont. Sometimes after several time of trying it finally turns on. once i return from work in the afternoon it starts fine. i have a feeling it may be the humidity in the air in the morning. Could it be the battery or fuel pump or fuel filter?
sestomosi

Re: 94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon. i would suggest you wipe the di

Postby Kirsten Trevino » Mon Jul 27, 2009 12:08 pm

sestomosi wrote:i have a 94 honda civic that wont start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon when the humidity is gone. what could be wrong. I try to turn on and it sounds like it want to turn on but it wont. Sometimes after several time of trying it finally turns on. once i return from work in the afternoon it starts fine. i have a feeling it may be the humidity in the air in the morning. Could it be the battery or fuel pump or fuel filter?

i would suggest you wipe the distributor cap ,plug leads , if they are dirty they will hold moister good luck h
Kirsten Trevino

Re: 94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon. i face a problem b4. try this o

Postby Kenyasin » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:33 am

i face a problem b4. try this out.. use up all the petrol in the tank..make sure u have a spare gas in the car.. problem due to moisture in the tank.. coz the problem..

or u should check on your fuel pump..

good luck mate!!!!
Kenyasin

Re: 94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon. your ignition might be drawing

Postby HeelPCU2006 » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:03 pm

sestomosi wrote:i have a 94 honda civic that wont start in the morning but starts fine in the afternoon when the humidity is gone. what could be wrong. I try to turn on and it sounds like it want to turn on but it wont. Sometimes after several time of trying it finally turns on. once i return from work in the afternoon it starts fine. i have a feeling it may be the humidity in the air in the morning. Could it be the battery or fuel pump or fuel filter?

your ignition might be drawing damp or the gas filter could be dirty.
HeelPCU2006

Re: 94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but start

Postby jennifersmith » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:19 am

A car like Honda civic have this problem just cant believe it and that to not 1 or 2 ....
jennifersmith

Postby jjlawnman1 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:48 am

HI, I have the same problem. I have a 93 Honda accord and I will not start in the morning but it will start later in the afternoon. Once I get it started it will start all day and night but once it sits over night it usually will not start in the morning or at least not without alot of trouble. Have you found the solution to this problem? Thanks, jj
jjlawnman1

Postby haroldQ » Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:05 pm

It's been so long since this thread has been posted by i guess im on the same boat a few days ago and i just need some assistance with regards to this issue.i hope you'll gonna understand and could possibly give me some advice about this. my 2000 honda civic ex. has start the sound its not going to start..Checked the transmission and the fuel filter but the issue still remained. Also done car diagnostic but it sounds i wouldn't be able to solve this issue without the help of others. Also, im looking for Honda parts just in case there are some parts that required to be replaced .
haroldQ

Postby thompsonmike » Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:28 pm

Some dirt on the distributor or on the spark plug tip may cause this problem. Moisture due to dirt can create problems if the surrounding environment has moisture. Just clean the surface and try.

Used Car Dealers
thompsonmike

Re: 94 honda civic. Car will not start in the morning but s

Postby stenejohn » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:43 am

In this case you need contact any Professional Honda mechanic who must be expert in Honda vehicles.
He will give you proper solution.

Thank you.

Honda Motorcycles
stenejohn

Return to Honda Forum