What is it like to drive a hybrid car.

What is it like to drive a hybrid car.

Postby Jsdfhiouaerhgkjnefoiegpia » Sat Jun 06, 2009 5:00 am

For example, a Camry hybrid or something similar. How do they drive? Is performance lacking?

Also, how does it impact the car's reliability and longevity? And are repairs complicated or expensive? Thanks for the insight.
Jsdfhiouaerhgkjnefoiegpia

Re: What is it like to drive a hybrid car. Clean, Quiet, Boring.

Postby dugeonlipo » Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:38 am

Clean, Quiet,

Boring.
dugeonlipo

Re: What is it like to drive a hybrid car. I test drove one at a dealershi

Postby carbuy11 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 4:05 am

I test drove one at a dealership, it wasn't any different than a regular car from the trip that I took. The battery was low so the engine was always on anyway. good luck.
carbuy11

Re: What is it like to drive a hybrid car. Driving a hybrid is like any ot

Postby levifan1978 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 10:23 pm

Driving a hybrid is like any other car except for one thing. When the car is stopped for more than a few seconds, the gasoline engine is shut down automatically. This can be a little eerie at first, as you find yourself sitting in silence. But step on the accelerator and the electric motor gets the car underway until the gas engine cuts in. There is no starter in the conventional sense since one isn't needed.

If you replace the batteries after the warranty expires, it will most likely cost several thousand dollars. Toyota claims prices will drop as hybrids become more popular; battery packs currently run around $4900. However the pack contains 38 modules that can be replaced individually for $138.00 each. Honda's Insight and Civic hybrids have an 8-yr./80,000-mi. warranty on most of the powertrain, including batteries, and a three-year/36,000-mile warranty on the rest of the car. The Prius has an 8-yr./100,000-mi. warranty on the battery and hybrid systems, plus a three-year/36,000-mile warranty on everything else. The electric motors and batteries don't require maintenance over the life of the vehicle.
levifan1978

Re: What is it like to drive a hybrid car. I test drove one a

Postby Spitfire » Thu May 26, 2011 1:22 pm

carbuy11 wrote:I test drove one at a dealership, it wasn't any different than a regular car from the trip that I took. The battery was low so the engine was always on anyway. good luck.

Sounds like a real waste of fuel

Audrey Bitoni Videos
:)
Spitfire

Re: What is it like to drive a hybrid car.

Postby jakelevis » Thu Nov 24, 2011 12:38 pm

no difference just like normal one what is your feeling?
Car Tuning
jakelevis

Re: What is it like to drive a hybrid car.

Postby insane.nick » Thu Jan 23, 2014 6:48 am

Driving a hybrid car really reminds me the ride of Toyota Prius. I got an opportunity in India to take a test drive of Prius few months back. In one like, I will say that driving a hybrid car is really quite and under comfort zone. While driving the car, I realize that this car runs smoothly and without making any unexpected noise from its engine. In terms of interior also the car is equipped with fully satisfactory features...
insane.nick

Return to Hyundai Forum