Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car.

Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car.

Postby Fureutipt » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:45 pm

I have noticed that the hybrid cars cost $10,000 to $12,000 more for the same style car that is gasoline powered. I can not find out any information that compares the maintainence cost mile for mile of the different types of cars. I do not qualify for the tax rebate to purchase a hybrid. So am I saving money or not if I buy one?
Fureutipt

Re: Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car. it may cost a lot to buy one of

Postby SaschVolkin » Sat Jun 20, 2009 6:30 pm

it may cost a lot to buy one of those, but honeslty u save a lot in gas i'll tell you that. I no ur saving a lot on other things but im not a mechanic or a car dealer so i can't give you all that info but i mean idk the number for the gas but i no thats its high, my cousin who bought one said that he can drive for 3 days like 6 hrs straight and he doesn't go past the first line after the F. so i no its expensive but if u really want them than save cause its worth it. And ur helping towards global warming. thats a plus to...

hope u like it
SaschVolkin

Re: Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car. Check the price of the battery-

Postby seksegzotyczne » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:03 am

Check the price of the battery- i was an electircal engineer on a submarine I know batteries very well. I cant see them lasting longer than 7 years and they will have to be replace. also battery charge discharge efficency drops considerably when temperature departs from 80F (cold more so then hot).

what are you comparing your hybrid too. civic to civic-- no you arent saving any money since the civic gets high 30's on they highway MPG. you can buy alot of gas for 10,000. Assuming you have a 14 gallon tank and gas is 3.00 a galon you can buy 238 tanks of gas for 10,000. If you use 5 tanks amonth- thats 47 months worth of gas. the average car loan is 5 years. COnsidering the extra interest you pay on 10,000 and you see where you are at.

Plus they dont help the enviornment!!!. yes you save oil which is why you get tax break, but where are we gonna store all these highly toxic batteries that each weigh 300-500 lbs. there are like 70,000 hybrid cars. think Erin brockovich
seksegzotyczne

Re: Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car. Forget the maintenance cost dif

Postby Kimberlee Lane » Tue Jun 23, 2009 10:25 am

Fureutipt wrote:I have noticed that the hybrid cars cost $10,000 to $12,000 more for the same style car that is gasoline powered. I can not find out any information that compares the maintainence cost mile for mile of the different types of cars. I do not qualify for the tax rebate to purchase a hybrid. So am I saving money or not if I buy one?

Forget the maintenance cost differences and concentrate on the MPG differences, the cost per gallon of gas, and the miles driven per year. How many years does it take to recoup the $10,000 - $12,000 premium? Then factor in the estimated maintenance costs differences, if any. Edmunds website gives 5 year cost of ownership calculations, which may prove helpful. http://www.edmunds.com/
Kimberlee Lane

Re: Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car. If you use your car for driving

Postby Moke » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:30 am

If you use your car for driving in a city, you will notice a difference. My stepmother has one and when we went to visit her and were driving around Washington DC, we noticed that we used a lot less gas stopped in traffic than a normal car would have used.
Moke

Re: Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car. No.

Postby Abposterbas35 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 1:13 pm

No.
Abposterbas35

Re: Is it economical to purchase a hybrid car.

Postby thompsonmike » Thu Aug 11, 2011 12:30 pm

Yes friend getting a hybrid is the best option because it will help you save a lot on fuel and also get some tax benefit if your government supports the sale of hybrids.

Used rvs for sale
thompsonmike

Postby tanudev » Sat Sep 24, 2011 5:32 am

thanks to share this post this is good question, i also wants to known about hybrid car this is really useful for me
Anti Vibration Mounts Manufacturer
tanudev

Postby Derek_Miller » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:41 pm

You ll definitely end up saving a lot of fuel! the prices are simply going up and its good to stick with eco friendly stuff. So what if it costs you more initially?
Derek_Miller

Postby tomkent45 » Thu Sep 29, 2011 12:29 pm

I would say yes, if you think at how much money you can save in the long term. Have a look at this Honda car dealer.
tomkent45

Next

Return to Hyundai Forum