Is a 2003 kia rio a good car.

Is a 2003 kia rio a good car.

Postby SHANE » Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:20 am

I'm thinking of buying a 2003 kia rio it has little over 100,000 miles on it and it would be my first car! whoot whoot:) they said they have has no problems with it and has new tires on it. there asking $1250.00 and they have been the only owner. do you think i should look at it or just forget about it?!

..and i really have to convince my parents cause they dont know anything about kias!
SHANE

Re: Is a 2003 kia rio a good car. If it is an automatic, get it.

Postby huhoqi » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:57 am

If it is an automatic, get it. It might get some problems down the line, but nothing major.

Before you buy, make sure they replaced the timing belt or chain. If they did not, you will need to replace it when you buy the car and the belts will cost as much as the car.

Belts need to be changed at around 100,000 miles.
huhoqi

Re: Is a 2003 kia rio a good car. You should also consider that s

Postby jinkanew » Thu Jul 30, 2009 1:21 pm

You should also consider that such a car may be expensive to insure. Check your insurance rates before buying one, for example here - autoinsurance.noneto.com
jinkanew

Re: Is a 2003 kia rio a good car. If it is an automatic, get

Postby dariuswilkinson » Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:03 am

huhoqi wrote:If it is an automatic, get it. It might get some problems down the line, but nothing major.

Before you buy, make sure they replaced the timing belt or chain. If they did not, you will need to replace it when you buy the car and the belts will cost as much as the car.

Belts need to be changed at around 100,000 miles.

Agree! Automatic rios are better but you still need to have it check with the help of the mechanic. there have been some recalls on rio with regards to timing belt and brakes. Anyway, you don't have to worry about KIA parts because there are a lot of junks and dealerships online that offer such stuff. There are also local auto service centers that could guarantee cheap repair charge just in case you encounter some issues on your car.
dariuswilkinson

Re: Is a 2003 kia rio a good car.

Postby stenejohn » Tue May 08, 2012 12:36 pm

Hi,
This Kia rio not a bad car, so go for it.
but one more thing before buying this car, i suggest you find any other make like Honda, Suzuki or BMW.

Suzuki Motorcycles
stenejohn

Return to Kia Forum