Lexus car stalled suddenly, leaking fuel. Sabotaged by garage..

Postby Fistfiege » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 pm

i just bought a used car that was in great condition for a good price, i drove it several hours with no problem and then one of the tyres had a leak so i had to leave it in an unfamiliar town at a garage whilst i waited to get a new one put on it. i left it there overnight and when i went to get it, the bloke at the counter said the tyres on it (which were brand new) were the wrong size and that the one that blew out was defective. then he tried to get me to order all new ones which i didn't do. so i drove off and about 10 minutes later the car suddenly stalled out and when i checked it seems to have an obvious leak in the fuel system somewhere, there was fuel leaking out all over from behind the motor. i have the feeling that the garage is responsible for this sudden problem. i'm in the states right now, any idea if there's anything i can do to get these idiots for f*cking with my car other than just punching them in the face of course?!?

a. i had the tyres replaced and it probably got a leak during the trip.

b. i know enough about cars not to have bought something that was ready to die.

c. ok, perhaps it was put on the lift wrong but the bloody thing was NOT leaking fuel until i drove it away from that garage and then it was suddenly and rapidly leaking, immediately after i left. i don't think i'm being paranoid...
Fistfiege

Postby Fistfiege » Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:45 pm

i just bought a used car that was in great condition for a good price, i drove it several hours with no problem and then one of the tyres had a leak so i had to leave it in an unfamiliar town at a garage whilst i waited to get a new one put on it. i left it there overnight and when i went to get it, the bloke at the counter said the tyres on it (which were brand new) were the wrong size and that the one that blew out was defective. then he tried to get me to order all new ones which i didn't do. so i drove off and about 10 minutes later the car suddenly stalled out and when i checked it seems to have an obvious leak in the fuel system somewhere, there was fuel leaking out all over from behind the motor. i have the feeling that the garage is responsible for this sudden problem. i'm in the states right now, any idea if there's anything i can do to get these idiots for f*cking with my car other than just punching them in the face of course?!?

c. ok, perhaps it was put on the lift wrong but the bloody thing was NOT leaking fuel until i drove it away from that garage and then it was suddenly and rapidly leaking, immediately after i left. i don't think i'm being paranoid...
Fistfiege

Re: Lexus car stalled suddenly, leaking fuel. Sabotaged by garage.. Get a report from the dealershi

Postby FuntKlakow » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:08 am

Get a report from the dealership you brought the car from saying what all was wrong with the car when you brought it and sue the shyt out of that garage.
FuntKlakow

Re: Lexus car stalled suddenly, leaking fuel. Sabotaged by garage.. yea had that happen before took

Postby supermanasd » Wed Jul 29, 2009 7:09 pm

Fistfiege wrote:i just bought a used car that was in great condition for a good price, i drove it several hours with no problem and then one of the tyres had a leak so i had to leave it in an unfamiliar town at a garage whilst i waited to get a new one put on it. i left it there overnight and when i went to get it, the bloke at the counter said the tyres on it (which were brand new) were the wrong size and that the one that blew out was defective. then he tried to get me to order all new ones which i didn't do. so i drove off and about 10 minutes later the car suddenly stalled out and when i checked it seems to have an obvious leak in the fuel system somewhere, there was fuel leaking out all over from behind the motor. i have the feeling that the garage is responsible for this sudden problem. i'm in the states right now, any idea if there's anything i can do to get these idiots for f*cking with my car other than just punching them in the face of course?!?

yea had that happen before took my car in to get oil change and they suggested I do a bunch of stuff but I say no I just want the oil change next thing I know I got oil leaks from the engine. always bring it to some place you know and if your not sure keep an eye on it. chances are they f with you on that one.
supermanasd

Re: Lexus car stalled suddenly, leaking fuel. Sabotaged by garage.. yes if it id in the United Stat

Postby Fsaretv » Wed Jul 29, 2009 8:26 pm

Fistfiege wrote:i just bought a used car that was in great condition for a good price, i drove it several hours with no problem and then one of the tyres had a leak so i had to leave it in an unfamiliar town at a garage whilst i waited to get a new one put on it. i left it there overnight and when i went to get it, the bloke at the counter said the tyres on it (which were brand new) were the wrong size and that the one that blew out was defective. then he tried to get me to order all new ones which i didn't do. so i drove off and about 10 minutes later the car suddenly stalled out and when i checked it seems to have an obvious leak in the fuel system somewhere, there was fuel leaking out all over from behind the motor. i have the feeling that the garage is responsible for this sudden problem. i'm in the states right now, any idea if there's anything i can do to get these idiots for f*cking with my car other than just punching them in the face of course?!?

yes if it id in the United States you can call your local better business bureau and file a complaint and they can also make the company pay for the repairs
Fsaretv

Re: Lexus car stalled suddenly, leaking fuel. Sabotaged by gara

Postby bluesky » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:34 am

This problem is true,thank you very much !
Milan Hotels
bluesky

Return to Lexus Forum