How do you take out the battery from your car 2009 Mazda 3.

How do you take out the battery from your car 2009 Mazda 3.

Postby RobetMarker44 » Sun Jun 07, 2009 4:22 am

I have a '09 Mazda 3s, and need to take out the battery of my car cuz its going to be parked for a couple of months without being started.

Do i have to take out the Negative side of the battery first? or do I take out the Positive side?

And then is it the same order for putting it back on?

Any other comments and relevant advice are more than welcome, thanks in advance!
RobetMarker44

Re: How do you take out the battery from your car 2009 Mazda 3. Always remove the negative cabl

Postby wildbull » Fri Jun 26, 2009 1:11 am

Always remove the negative cable first and replace it last. The reason is that the negative side is connected to the metal frame of the car. If you start messing with the positive while the negative is connected and the wrench hits a metal part it's instant short circuit and sparks all over. with the negative cable disconnected, no battery connection to the metal frame and the positive side is harmless in case of a slip. But you don't need to remove the battery from the car nor do you need to disconnect the positive cable. Just disconnecting the negative cable when you store it is sufficient.
wildbull

Re: How do you take out the battery from your car 2009 Mazda 3.

Postby stenejohn » Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:41 am

My suggestion for your post is just be careful when you going to remove battery.
According to me you can watch videos on Google how to remove battery from your car.

Thank you.

Concept Cars
stenejohn

Re: How do you take out the battery from your car 2009 Mazd

Postby josentiu » Sun Jun 17, 2012 6:51 am

Agree with wildbull you need to remove the negative side coz it's the one that directly connects on the chassis as well as on the side of the engine. You can check out manuals out there which would help you alot with regards to such thing.

Return to Mazda Forum