Mazda car dealership service department trouble. Can you help me. Lawyers. Dealers.

Mazda car dealership service department trouble. Can you help me. Lawyers. Dealers.

Postby Espiniusa » Fri Jun 19, 2009 11:02 pm

Our Mazda dealer damaged three panels on our center console of our brand new Mazda6 in May 2006, while installing a factory stereo.

Took it in 4 times, leaving it all day each time. Was told the vinyl guy was unavailable each time.

Yesterday, the 5th time, they "fixed" it.At home, I took a closer look and realized that the "repair" comprised some apparent sandpaper-like smoothing of the gouged up areas, no change whatsoever in the cracked console, and what appeared to be a new scratch on the plastic running parallel to the area that had been smoothed out.

The service manager now says "It's unfixable." They can't (won't) replace the parts because they'd have to replace the entire dashboard. He offered to try to "compensate" us for what we thought the damage had done to our car's value.

Ten weeks ago the car was brand new. Then the dealership jacked it up.

What would you do?
Espiniusa

Re: Mazda car dealership service department trouble. Can you help me. Lawyers. Dealers. Go to Mazda corporate. Most of

Postby Bernurdi06 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 6:12 am

Go to Mazda corporate. Most of the time the dealers are owned by individuals.
Bernurdi06

Re: Mazda car dealership service department trouble. Can you help me. Lawyers. Dealers. Mazda Corporate for the win. T

Postby nythuci » Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:13 am

Mazda Corporate for the win. They will not tolerate b/s such as this, and are usually quite prompt in their action. Simply WRITE a letter to them explaining everything clearly and concisely, a timeline may help the situation as well. Calling will only do so much, but an actual letter emailed to them seems to make things move a bit quicker. Before doing this, you pretty much have to threaten the dealership that you will contact Mazda Corporate IMMEDIATELY about this incident (Mazda gives breaks to dealerships with little problems and good reviews read: sell 3 cars get a 4th free etc) This may motivate their ass a bit more to take care of you, but if not simply go to the top to get it taken care of.
nythuci

Re: Mazda car dealership service department trouble. Can yo

Postby Jhone » Mon Mar 12, 2012 9:10 am

I have a different experience with the Mazda dealership. I know I'm not the only one who expereinced this. I got the ideal car when I went to a dealership in Valparaiso trying to find a Mazda. Mazda is one of the very best brands out there. All of its vehicles look good on the outside and come with more technology than anticipated. I knew I wanted a Mazda, but I did not know which one would be right for me. I went to the dealership, and the dealer helped me choose out the perfect car. At Mazda Valparaiso IN, you are able to find a Valparaiso dealership.
Jhone

Return to Mazda Forum