How do you open the gas tank in a Mitsubishi Outlander.

How do you open the gas tank in a Mitsubishi Outlander.

Postby zeReBermrek » Wed May 27, 2009 12:42 am

While on a business trip I was unable to figure out how to open the gas tank of a Mitsubishi Outlander rented from Avis...I search for it for a good 15 minutes without any success at the gas station..even ask a couple folks at Avis who didn't manage to figure it out..then had to run for my flight...
zeReBermrek

Re: How do you open the gas tank in a Mitsubishi Outlander. There should be a lever next to

Postby Eagegechieshy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 9:07 pm

zeReBermrek wrote:While on a business trip I was unable to figure out how to open the gas tank of a Mitsubishi Outlander rented from Avis...I search for it for a good 15 minutes without any success at the gas station..even ask a couple folks at Avis who didn't manage to figure it out..then had to run for my flight...

There should be a lever next to the drivers seat on the floor. Many imports have these systems.
Eagegechieshy

Re: How do you open the gas tank in a Mitsubishi Outlander.

Postby dariuswilkinson » Sat Dec 03, 2011 2:33 am

zeReBermrek wrote:While on a business trip I was unable to figure out how to open the gas tank of a Mitsubishi Outlander rented from Avis...I search for it for a good 15 minutes without any success at the gas station..even ask a couple folks at Avis who didn't manage to figure it out..then had to run for my flight...

Definitely there should be such stuff! On the other hand if the lever itself is broken remove it and it will have a cable attached to it. Also unhook the lever from the cable and pull the inner cord.

Return to Mitsubishi Forum