The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard that will discomfort you.

The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard that will discomfort you.

Postby SMAAN » Wed May 27, 2009 1:48 am

The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard/rough that will discomfort you? does it hurt your back after driving it? is the roughness of the seat bearable? Also, how about the rear passenger seats? i know racing seats aren't made for comfort, but i want to hear people's opinions about the seats before buying this car. Thanks for your opinions!
SMAAN

Re: The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard that will discomfort you. the faster the car the more it

Postby kishore » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:09 am

SMAAN wrote:The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard/rough that will discomfort you? does it hurt your back after driving it? is the roughness of the seat bearable? Also, how about the rear passenger seats? i know racing seats aren't made for comfort, but i want to hear people's opinions about the seats before buying this car. Thanks for your opinions!

the faster the car the more it will designed to drive good not confert in sports car based cars if you want fast and confert get a gt car austin martin, mercedes sl etc gt cars are heavier and tad slower for same power but focus on confert and acceroies
kishore

Re: The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard that will discomfort you. The Recaros in the Evos are rac

Postby girls2000x » Mon Jun 01, 2009 10:08 am

SMAAN wrote:The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard/rough that will discomfort you? does it hurt your back after driving it? is the roughness of the seat bearable? Also, how about the rear passenger seats? i know racing seats aren't made for comfort, but i want to hear people's opinions about the seats before buying this car. Thanks for your opinions!

The Recaros in the Evos are racing seats and that's what they are...racing seats. They are not built for comfort but for support...ultimate support. They are okay for short drives. Long drives will be a little challenging. Believe me. I drove mine cross country from California to Michigan and back. Like I said, it's challenging. Moving the back rest fore and aft in particular is very difficult. Twisting the knob to adjust it without getting out of the car is an exercise in flexibility. The back seat is spacious and comfortable. But honestly, I have not spent too much time back there as I have in the driver seat. If you have an Evo you wouldn't want to stay back there either. The driver seat is where you want to be. When you get an Evo, that means that you are willing to sacrifice things like comfort for an exhilarating driving experience.
girls2000x

Re: The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII, is the seat too hard that will discomfort you. When i first got my evo 8 i lov

Postby decaptotaly » Fri Jun 05, 2009 11:03 am

When i first got my evo 8 i loved the recaros. i thought they were so cool lol and for hard cornering theyre excellent hold you really tight. but after a while of owning the car as a daily driver the seats really started hurting my back. but like you said its not made for comfort. the suspension is exctremely hard, you feel every little bump in the road, the seats hurt my back and no cruise control! lol but those are some things you have to be williing to sacrafice for a true race car
decaptotaly

Re: The recaro driver seat in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

Postby josentiu » Tue Mar 13, 2012 2:24 am

I agree. The seats are discomforting. However you don't need to worry as there are replacement seats available for EVOii. Perhaps you just need to give yourself a favor and seek for an online store that deal with Mitsubishi parts and accessories. As far as i know, the manuals for the installation are also included in their packages so you won't find any difficulty with such thing.
josentiu

Return to Mitsubishi Forum