Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on my 2009 nissan maxima.

Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on my 2009 nissan maxima.

Postby miko » Sat Mar 28, 2009 11:43 am

There are NO performance parts on the market for the 2009 Nissan Maxima. So, since they both share the exact same engine. Can i use the more common 350Z upgrade parts on the Maxima?
miko

Re: Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on my 2009 nissan maxima. The main problem is the motor i

Postby GivvionNuS » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:49 am

The main problem is the motor is turned 90 degrees to the right. It is the economy I think performance parts will be available soon. Call Stillen and Jim Wolfe Technologys.
GivvionNuS

Re: Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on my 2009 nissan maxima. If the cars really have the sam

Postby beennjaminserraano » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:32 am

If the cars really have the same engine, I'd imagine that the Maxima has a detuned version. I'm not positive but I'd be willing to bet that the Z has hotter cams, high compression, and better flowing induction system. Maybe you can can upgrade some of those components but seriously ask yourself, is it worth it?

Why would you buy a brand new front wheel drive Maxima and try to mod it? This car simply isn't designed for performance like the Z is, and chances are you will void your warranty with any performance mods. If I was you, I'd sell this car and buy a used infiniti G35 if you want better performance and still room for 4 people.
beennjaminserraano

Re: Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on my 2009 nissan maxima. yes you can the maxima motor is

Postby SonjNipl » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:45 am

yes you can the maxima motor is just a detuned version,but can get the same output as 350z with a little work
SonjNipl

Re: Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on my

Postby dsmith » Fri Feb 18, 2011 11:20 am

According to me its better to use genuine Nissan Maxima parts for your Maxima. Don't use 350z's performance parts.

They are many dealers who offers original Nissan Maxima parts. I use to buy my Maxima parts at http://www.titanmotorgroup.com/nissan-maxima-parts.aspx. Try it out!
dsmith

Postby sabrina » Tue May 03, 2011 8:03 am

Yes you can the maxima motor is just a detuned version.
sabrina

Postby josentiu » Sat Nov 05, 2011 5:09 am

miko wrote:There are NO performance parts on the market for the 2009 Nissan Maxima. So, since they both share the exact same engine. Can i use the more common 350Z upgrade parts on the Maxima?

I haven't try using other replacement parts to my Altima but would it be possible? Guess it's about the compatibility although there were performance parts really meant for every nissan car and there are those who aren't be appropriate. Anyway, you can patiently look for other parts store online as you wish. Tried the quality when i got the delivery of nissan bumper parts last week.

josentiu

Re: Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on

Postby stenejohn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 10:03 am

If both cars have same engine then go for it.
If any differences between both engine then it will be harmful for your vehicle.
you have another way also just find out 2009 nisssan maxima parts in old garages.
or any car scrap dealer.

Thank you.

Machinery Trader
stenejohn

Re: Can i use the performance parts from the nissan 350z on

Postby insane.nick » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:37 am

Hi,
I didn't try for it but many times read and hear that performance parts can be replaced, main points which should be noticeable are dimensions supported model as the original one, manufacture of that particular can define original part and you could guess about the new part,
I wanna ask that Carburetor is also performing part and I wanna replace it in my Renault Pulse should I replace and from which car model I should use because one mechanic shop is near to my home and he will replace but I wanna know about its replacement, procedure and part.
insane.nick

Return to Nissan Forum