What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame.

What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame.

Postby Elmer Oliver » Thu Apr 16, 2009 5:34 pm

I just bought a nissan 240 sx but it wont pass the inspection cuz the frame is to rusty. There is wholes developing at many places on the frame. I was wondering if there is anything I could do to fix it without spending to much money. Other than the frame the car is pefect I love it but sad that it wont pass the inspection.
Elmer Oliver

Re: What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame. Go straight to the scrapyard, d

Postby Tollinaci » Sun May 10, 2009 12:48 am

Go straight to the scrapyard, do not pass Go and maybe you'll collect $20 (forget about the $200)....LOL
Tollinaci

Re: What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame. Come down to Texas New Mexico a

Postby HeelPCU2006 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:13 am

Come down to Texas New Mexico and find one that overheated and ruined a motor. Take the non rusty car and all of your cars better interior and swap parts.
HeelPCU2006

Re: What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame. Don't just paint over those

Postby Oscar_Walston » Sun May 10, 2009 10:39 am

Don't just paint over those rust spots/holes, use a torch to cut them out and weld in new sheetmetal, then paint it all a dark color to hide the unconventional yet perfectly safe repair. It's done all the time.

FYI, your 240 has a unibody, not a frame.
Oscar_Walston

Re: What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame. ..it's "holes"

Postby faraz2006 » Tue May 12, 2009 3:29 pm

Elmer Oliver wrote:I just bought a nissan 240 sx but it wont pass the inspection cuz the frame is to rusty. There is wholes developing at many places on the frame. I was wondering if there is anything I could do to fix it without spending to much money. Other than the frame the car is pefect I love it but sad that it wont pass the inspection.

..it's "holes"

..why'd you buy one with that much rust, first off?? If it has that much rust then it's not passing inspection for a reason. The only way to repair that is have the rust cut out and new sheet metal welded back in, in it's place. This is pretty expensive b/c a full paint job is a must after all the body work. As stated, find a 240sx frame with minimal rust and swap in/out good stuff into the better body.. only way..

..or just buy another running 240sx/car..
faraz2006

Re: What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame. Do not buy a new car or do not

Postby psygiececenry » Wed May 13, 2009 6:30 pm

Elmer Oliver wrote:I just bought a nissan 240 sx but it wont pass the inspection cuz the frame is to rusty. There is wholes developing at many places on the frame. I was wondering if there is anything I could do to fix it without spending to much money. Other than the frame the car is pefect I love it but sad that it wont pass the inspection.

Do not buy a new car or do not sandblast it. You can but small sheets to replace the holes. Put a few sheats on the bad spots on the unibody and then either primer paint or oil something to make the unibody look like it used to. I know thats all your car needs to pass inspection because the rest is good except get a new clutch you need one. But cover those up and paint them and you should be well on your way drifter!
psygiececenry

Re: What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame. I suggest you sand blast it to

Postby Erted75 » Sat May 16, 2009 12:51 pm

I suggest you sand blast it to get the rust off and then put a good coat of primer on it that is a rust preventative.
Erted75

Re: What can I do with a nissan 240sx rusted frame.

Postby rickythomas » Fri Nov 23, 2012 7:44 am

Clean the rusted surface. Use your grinder to clean the rusted area down to the bare metal; to do this grind the area at least two inches around any crack or rust hole. Doing this will leave enough clean metal to weld a patch in place.

binary options
rickythomas

Return to Nissan Forum