2003 Altima Brake Pad Question

2003 Altima Brake Pad Question

Postby retired » Mon Oct 18, 2010 5:23 pm

I do as much maintanence work as I can on our 03 Altima. I replaced the original brakes at 50K (they still had more life but did the change anyway) with Nissan brake pads. It's about 4-5 years later and we are up to 103K miles, checked the brakes and compared the used pads to new ones and looks like they are about 50% used. I speculate the pads are good for another 15-20K. What is the general opinion comparing the Nissan pads to replacements from auto parts stores costing a lot less? As an example, I paid $180 for both axles for Nissan pads. I see ceramic sets from Advanced Auto Parts and others for almost $100 less. Thanks in advance for your input.
retired

Re: 2003 Altima Brake Pad Question

Postby Christina » Wed Feb 23, 2011 10:00 am

Brake pads work inside your braking system to stop the movement of your ride. The pads are responsible for creating friction against the disc that slows and then stops the spinning motion of your wheels. When the pads in Nissan Altima wear out, its unsafe to drive.. Before these conditions result in a serious accident you need to replace them and protect your driving safety...

Nissan cars for sale
Christina

Re: 2003 Altima Brake Pad Question

Postby haroldQ » Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:57 am

retired wrote:I do as much maintanence work as I can on our 03 Altima. I replaced the original brakes at 50K (they still had more life but did the change anyway) with Nissan brake pads. It's about 4-5 years later and we are up to 103K miles, checked the brakes and compared the used pads to new ones and looks like they are about 50% used. I speculate the pads are good for another 15-20K. What is the general opinion comparing the Nissan pads to replacements from auto parts stores costing a lot less? As an example, I paid $180 for both axles for Nissan pads. I see ceramic sets from Advanced Auto Parts and others for almost $100 less. Thanks in advance for your input.

Bump! It's actually normal to lose your brake pads because even if you don't want them to lose they would form time to time because of the fiction they produce. On the other hand, there are quality replacement brake pads set that you could have. Im using Ferodo DS2500 for my z and works fine on me.

Nissan Parts
haroldQ

Return to Nissan Forum