How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an aftermarket part.

How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an aftermarket part.

Postby MatiCamsv » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:14 pm

I'm trying to find replacement body parts to repair a damaged hood on my Nissan Pathfinder. I've found someone who says they have a new genuine Nissan hood, but I don't know how to verify its authenticity.
MatiCamsv

Re: How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an aftermarket part. Why worry?? All auto body part

Postby milfs2000x » Sat Mar 21, 2009 1:09 pm

MatiCamsv wrote:I'm trying to find replacement body parts to repair a damaged hood on my Nissan Pathfinder. I've found someone who says they have a new genuine Nissan hood, but I don't know how to verify its authenticity.

Why worry?? All auto body parts are made in Japan anyway, or some other off-shore area/country! So, if you have a Nissan--yep--the parts will be made in an off-shore country!

And, if the person has torn off or obliterated all of the identifing labels, stickers, inked printing, then go buy one at the dealers, and pay top dollar! And, you'll still get a hood made off-shore!

Or:

You can go to an auto junk yard, and try to buy one off a genuine Nissan, if they have one!

I'd take a knowledgeable person along if they are in the auto trade. And, if you tell the junk yard, they will sell you the correct part, because they don't want or need bad publicity from selling the wrong parts!
milfs2000x

Re: How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an aftermarket part. if its authentic it will have t

Postby Otis Sanford » Wed Mar 25, 2009 3:08 pm

if its authentic it will have the matching vin number on the panel weather its the hood door bumper or trunk..... if it has been replaced and by an aftermarket dealer than you will see a sticker that sayd R-DOT ot just DOT..... meaning replaced-department of transportation... just means its a product that has been replaced and aprroved by the dept of transportation...
Otis Sanford

Re: How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an aftermarket part. Genuine parts are stamped, look

Postby gazavod » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:54 pm

Genuine parts are stamped, look for a stamp on your original to know where to look on a new one. look along the edges.
gazavod

Re: How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an aftermarket part. Measuremeant, and hinge bolt pa

Postby milfhunter04 » Fri Mar 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Measuremeant, and hinge bolt patterns. You will have to inspect the new hood.
milfhunter04

Re: How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an after

Postby dsmith » Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:58 am

@milfs2000x : You Can get Genuine Nissan body at http://www.titanmotorgroup.com/nissan-body-parts.aspx, You can get 100% original Nissan parts at very reasonable price!
dsmith

Postby Christina » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:12 am

In order to identify a genuine Nissan body parts from an aftermarket parts is through matching vin number on the panel weather its the hood door, bumper or trunk..."or what parts you want to change with your Nissan automobiles...

Nissan cars for sale
Christina

Postby dariuswilkinson » Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:30 am

MatiCamsv wrote:I'm trying to find replacement body parts to repair a damaged hood on my Nissan Pathfinder. I've found someone who says they have a new genuine Nissan hood, but I don't know how to verify its authenticity.

Excuse me for the disturbance but for me the best way to find quality parts is thru after market parts stores online like partstrain.com. they have a huge variety of both interior and exterior parts like Nissan towing mirrors. On the other hand, some of them are just offering discounts especially if you are a first time buyer. This is not to make an agreement with you but for you to test how their products appeared to be. As for them, by any means would help the public. But in order not to become a victim of ripped off which have been noted in the previous years, you still need to be aware. Better check the reputation of the store before doing the purchase.
dariuswilkinson

Re: How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an a

Postby MizTiger » Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:55 pm

Any good (and honest) mechanic would be able to recognize whether a part was authentic to a certain make. If you're still not sure, try looking for serial numbers or other noticeable signs that the part, be it a water valve, oil cap or full-on engine compartment is legit.

Nissan of Kansas City
MizTiger

Re: How can I identify a genuine Nissan body part from an a

Postby stenejohn » Thu Apr 19, 2012 9:23 am

Genuine Auto parts are stamped, So just check stamp on your original to know where to look on a new one.
look along the edges.

Thank you

Excavators for sale
stenejohn

Return to Nissan Forum