Is a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 an ok used car, or should i continue searching.

Postby Fureutipt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm

I am 22 and buying my first new-to-me car. I am getting all sorts of clashing family opinions on vehicles. Some say the aforementioned car is a decent choice, others say that a foreign brand is the only way to go. So I ask for help: Is the car decent? If not, what suggestions does everyone have? (I have a limited budget of 7 k) Thanks everyone!
Fureutipt

Postby Fureutipt » Mon Jul 06, 2009 3:13 pm

I am 22 and buying my first new-to-me car. I am getting all sorts of clashing family opinions on vehicles. Some say the aforementioned car is a decent choice, others say that a foreign brand is the only way to go. So I ask for help: Is the car decent? If not, what suggestions does everyone have? (I have a limited budget of 7 k) Thanks everyone!
Fureutipt

Re: Is a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 an ok used car, or should i continue searching. I would choose a Toyota Camry o

Postby Amirisastalkergirlsbcaref » Sat Aug 01, 2009 6:51 am

Fureutipt wrote:I am 22 and buying my first new-to-me car. I am getting all sorts of clashing family opinions on vehicles. Some say the aforementioned car is a decent choice, others say that a foreign brand is the only way to go. So I ask for help: Is the car decent? If not, what suggestions does everyone have? (I have a limited budget of 7 k) Thanks everyone!

I would choose a Toyota Camry over a Pontiac Grand Am because the Camry is more reliable and cheaper to maintain than the Pontiac. I helped a friend choose a V6 Camry over a Pontiac at CarMax.
Amirisastalkergirlsbcaref

Re: Is a 2001 Pontiac Grand Am SE1 an ok used car, or should i continue searching. ITS A GOOD VEHICLE AS LONG AS Y

Postby Ageklyarguera » Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:39 am

ITS A GOOD VEHICLE AS LONG AS YOU HAVE MOST OF THE MAINTENANCE RECORDS AND IF NOT.....

YOU CAN ALSO GET FREE INFORMATION BY CALLING THE MANUFACTURER AND ASKING THEM. ALL YOU WILL NEED TO TELL THEM IS THAT YOU ARE INTERESTED IN BUYING THE VEHICLE GIVE THEN THE VIN AND THEY WILL PULL EVERYTHING THAT THEY HAVE ON FILE THAT HAS BEEN REPORTED.

ALSO REMEMBER THAT IF THE VEHICLE IS ANYWHERE NEAR A COASTLINE HAVE IT INSPECTED FOR FLOODING, I HAVE SEEN TOO MANY OF THESE VEHICLE GET PASS INSPECTION BECAUSE THEY WERE CLEANED UP VERY GOOD AND THE CUSTOMER GOT THE RAW END OF THE DEAL.
Ageklyarguera

Return to Pontiac Forum