What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP.

What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP.

Postby Unorenal » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:05 pm

I've had two Pontiac Grand Prixs in the past and they've both been SEs and once again I'm searching for another one. The Grand Prixs that I'm looking at now say either GT or GTP and I'm confused in the difference. Which one is better? Does one have something that the other doesn't?
Unorenal

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. The Wide Track Grands Prix (c.

Postby ChebuRAtoR » Sat Mar 21, 2009 3:52 pm

The Wide Track Grands Prix (c. 1997 - 2003) used a 3800 V6, one of the best engines GM ever built. It was used in several models by Chevy, Pontiac, and Buick. The GTP used a supercharged version of the 3800, as did the Buick Regal (GS) and Chevy Impala (SS). The supercharged version of the car is better for a few reasons. First, they usually look better and have more standard features. Second, all supercharged 3800s used an aluminum upper intake instead of the inferior plastic one on standard V6 motors. The aluminum intakes held up better since they didn't warp or crack.

Both cars are nice choices, but I would take the GTP. The gas mileage isn't much worse, and you get anywhere from 40-60 extra horsepower.
ChebuRAtoR

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. Gtp= supercharged ( more power)

Postby lussigagas » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:03 am

Unorenal wrote:I've had two Pontiac Grand Prixs in the past and they've both been SEs and once again I'm searching for another one. The Grand Prixs that I'm looking at now say either GT or GTP and I'm confused in the difference. Which one is better? Does one have something that the other doesn't?

Gtp= supercharged ( more power) Gt is just a poorly designed so called high performance car.
lussigagas

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. The GTP is better. I dont know

Postby friendofshrek » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:20 am

The GTP is better. I dont know all the small details but I can tell you that the engine is supercharged on the GTP.
friendofshrek

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. GTP=Grand Touring Prototype, a

Postby natalykorah » Tue Mar 24, 2009 3:20 pm

GTP=Grand Touring Prototype, a race car category in IMSA GT Championship.......BY THE WAY PONTIAC DOES NOT PRODUCE SUPERCHARGED ENGINES!!!
natalykorah

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. The GT is the normal plain Gran

Postby patisirah » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:12 am

The GT is the normal plain Grand Prix.

The GTP is a Supercharged
patisirah

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. The GT is a naturally aspirated

Postby seodinosoul » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:48 am

The GT is a naturally aspirated V6 and the GTP has the same engine with a supercharger. The GXP has a V8. So basically it's like driving the front wheel drive STS with the Northstar V8. Just hold off and pick up a year old G8. I'm migrating to Australia(where the G8 is a Holden Commodore) and I must say, there is nothing like seeing a powerful rear wheel drive sedan running neck to neck with a Corvette!
seodinosoul

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. GT= Grand Touring GTP= Grand T

Postby Yahoo Slurp [Bot] » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:00 am

GT= Grand Touring

GTP= Grand Touring Performance

if you are looking for fun, opt for the GTP.

but for fuel consumption and insurance opt for the GT!!!!
Yahoo Slurp [Bot]

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and GTP. GTP engine is super charged!

Postby howomigma » Fri Mar 27, 2009 2:57 am

Unorenal wrote:I've had two Pontiac Grand Prixs in the past and they've both been SEs and once again I'm searching for another one. The Grand Prixs that I'm looking at now say either GT or GTP and I'm confused in the difference. Which one is better? Does one have something that the other doesn't?

GTP engine is super charged!
howomigma

Re: What's the difference between the Pontiac Grand Prix GT and

Postby robinna » Mon Aug 02, 2010 6:42 am

Where is the Turn Signal Flasher Located on a 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE ? I am trying to replace the Turn Signal Flasher in my 1990 Pontiac Grand Prix LE and cannot find it. Please help.

Next

Return to Pontiac Forum