how do i program a key to my car. is a 2005 pontiac gran prix.

how do i program a key to my car. is a 2005 pontiac gran prix.

Postby ebayexperts7 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 10:02 am

well here's a little more info. my car was stolen and i got it back, i don't have the key anymore so im getting a duplicate but i have to take my car into the shop to have it programed.... but i was told there was a way that i could do it with out have to take my car into the shop is it true?
ebayexperts7

Re: how do i program a key to my car. is a 2005 pontiac gran prix. Not without the original key. T

Postby aminomaster » Sat Aug 01, 2009 1:27 pm

Not without the original key. To program a replacement key you put the original key in the ignition turn it to the on position then wait for the chimes to stop then take it out and put the new key is as fast as you can turning it all the way to start the car. When this is done the key will be programmed.
aminomaster

Re: how do i program a key to my car. is a 2005 pontiac gran prix. Try taking your car to a locksm

Postby Tapilosna » Mon Aug 03, 2009 3:14 am

Try taking your car to a locksmith. They might can detail out how the ignition groves are so they can make you a new key. BTW, make sure that your car is always locked, in a lighted area, and have your alarm set. Even put a camera in your car so if it is abandoned they can see who stole your car
Tapilosna

Re: how do i program a key to my car. is a 2005 pontiac gran prix. Try to start the car with your

Postby dlotgfyposer » Mon Aug 03, 2009 6:51 pm

Try to start the car with your new key then let go of the key, the security light will flash or will display of the driver info center. After about 10 minutes it will go out, then turn the key off then back on to the run position for another 10 minutes, after the light goes out again, repeat the step for a final 10 minutes. After the light goes out, turn the key off then start the car. It should be learned then. If the light does not go out and the car will not start, then it will have to go to the dealer to get the codes cleared and relearned.
dlotgfyposer

Re: how do i program a key to my car. is a 2005 pontiac gra

Postby haroldQ » Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:22 pm

as far as i know, there is the technical service bulletin for pontiac cars and you could take a look at some guides to got the key reprogrammed. But for the sake of getting the right one, it could be best to end up with the dealer first before doing anything else or before taking your car elsewhere. On the other hand, Pontiac parts are now available in the market and it's easier to get an access to them using the wide coverage of the internet.
haroldQ

Re: how do i program a key to my car. is a 2005 pontiac gra

Postby stenejohn » Sat May 26, 2012 6:58 am

Hi,
Contact your car dealer or car manufacturing service center from here you will get better and safe solution.

Thank you.
Suzuki Motorcycles
stenejohn

Return to Porsche Forum