How should I save up to buy a 2007 Saturn Sky.

How should I save up to buy a 2007 Saturn Sky.

Postby reed_2000 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:44 am

I am a 15 yr old high schooler and when i get my license in January I would like to purchase a 2007 Saturn Sky. The used ones that run well typically run around $21,000. I have approximately $1K saved up right now and my parents have agreed to also help out for $8K of the cost... that brings the total down to $11,000. I have between now and January of 2008... how should I save up? Where typically is the best place to work and make money? Should I maybe invest in stocks? Any general or specific help would be great! PS i live in northern virginia, if any1 lives around there and answers dat would be great
reed_2000

Re: How should I save up to buy a 2007 Saturn Sky. I'm 15 TO i wanted a Saturn

Postby Kalisaiona » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:11 am

reed_2000 wrote:I am a 15 yr old high schooler and when i get my license in January I would like to purchase a 2007 Saturn Sky. The used ones that run well typically run around $21,000. I have approximately $1K saved up right now and my parents have agreed to also help out for $8K of the cost... that brings the total down to $11,000. I have between now and January of 2008... how should I save up? Where typically is the best place to work and make money? Should I maybe invest in stocks? Any general or specific help would be great! PS i live in northern virginia, if any1 lives around there and answers dat would be great

I'm 15 TO i wanted a Saturn sky but could not afford one i have never seen a used one 21000 but i live in Georgia so i have decided to try to get a Pontiac solstice that is the Sky's sibling it is a little cheaper then the sky but the sky is a great car and i know everyone is like that's to much car for a teenager with not much driving experience and i don't care if i don't have a backseat they are the coolest and most hottest cars i have ever seen so good luck let me know if you get one oh and where i live theres only one solstice in the whole town and when you get it put sky-high on your tag I'm going to put MY-SOL on my tag and about saving up i don't know much about stock but you could get a job that's what I'm doing are you getting auto or stick I'm getting a stick but anyways good luck for you and your sky
Kalisaiona

Re: How should I save up to buy a 2007 Saturn Sky. i wouldnt invest in stocks it i

Postby lestorinsc » Fri Jun 12, 2009 2:11 pm

i wouldnt invest in stocks it is to risky. Find a job where you can move up the career ladder. Personally I do not think the car will be a good buy. Me also being 15 i think your decision for a saturn sky is pretty dumb, don't get me wrong its a nice car, but are you considering insurance costs? This kind of car for a 16 yearold is gona be pretty crazy. If I were you i would buy an older car for about 5 to 8 grand or let your parents buy you a car if they are willing to. Save up your money throughout college and buy the new car once you get out of college when you insurance cost will be cheaper.
lestorinsc

Re: How should I save up to buy a 2007 Saturn Sky. The Saturn Sky is a very sexy c

Postby seepliedneipt » Sat Jun 13, 2009 4:04 pm

reed_2000 wrote:I am a 15 yr old high schooler and when i get my license in January I would like to purchase a 2007 Saturn Sky. The used ones that run well typically run around $21,000. I have approximately $1K saved up right now and my parents have agreed to also help out for $8K of the cost... that brings the total down to $11,000. I have between now and January of 2008... how should I save up? Where typically is the best place to work and make money? Should I maybe invest in stocks? Any general or specific help would be great! PS i live in northern virginia, if any1 lives around there and answers dat would be great

The Saturn Sky is a very sexy car. I sell alot of them. You can expect to pay more for insurance at your age than the car is worth. Do yourself a favor and buy a good used car with a nice back seat. You can not get intimate in a Sky.
seepliedneipt

Re: How should I save up to buy a 2007 Saturn Sky. I think you should worry more a

Postby wazzupny » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:26 pm

I think you should worry more about getting your license and becoming a good driver before you buy a new car.
wazzupny

Return to Saturn Forum