2000 Saturn SC2 starting problem

2000 Saturn SC2 starting problem

Postby srtmedic » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:08 am

my girlfriend has a 2000 Saturn SC2 that has developed a starting problem over the last month. if the car sits overnight or even longer then 4 -5 hours it will start up no problem. but when you are out and about doing shopping and mall hopping it will not start back up at all unless you let it set for about 4-5 hours.

you step on the gas pedal all the way down to the floor and the car will just crank and crank.

anybody got any ideas as to where to look. the service engine soon light has not come on. the car has about 115k on it. i would let my friend put the computer on it to see what or if anything it is seeing, but we would not be able to restart the car until about like i said about 4-5 hours has passed.

any ideas or suggestions would be of great help.

thanks in advance

doc
Doc
srtmedic

Re: 2000 Saturn SC2 starting problem

Postby hybenz » Tue Sep 20, 2011 11:21 am

I recommend going to the easy ones firs like battery cables and starter. For the battery, 4 years needs to load test and have a store test done. You can replace it once you see severe corrosion on it. Saturn parts are widely available online where you can find both OEM and aftermarket part s. if you are not familiar with your car you can always look for the repair manuals on some parts store.
hybenz

Return to Saturn Forum