Subaru Impreza.

Subaru Impreza.

Postby DUSTY ROWE » Tue May 26, 2009 3:45 pm

I am thinking about buying a subaru impreza in the next few weeks but will only be wanting to keep it for 4 or 5 months. I have heard from several mates that they are difficult to sell. If i was buying an impreza with the intention to sell on after a while, what would i be looking out for. Is there anything special or rare in an impreza that people would be wanting to have? or is it just the simple things such as full service history that they would be looking out for
DUSTY ROWE

Re: Subaru Impreza. I have one of these too, Great

Postby TravisXZ » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:02 pm

I have one of these too, Great car. Infact I have 3. just incase! Dont buy, steal! Much cheaper!
TravisXZ

Re: Subaru Impreza. As you can see form several of

Postby barsikjak » Thu Jun 11, 2009 10:15 pm

As you can see form several of the existing answers, the problem with all variations of the Impreza is its reputation as a boy's car. They are relatively nice vehicles within their respective classes. As for resale, I have also heard that the current models are difficult to sell, although if you buy an older one (the GC generation), the 2.5RS model of that generation is probably the easiest to resell. For the same reasons though, that car is harder to find and probably a little more overvalued. Of course, look for a car with as much documentation as possible. Good luck.
barsikjak

Re: Subaru Impreza. Despite the last version being

Postby loverpuller » Fri Jun 12, 2009 1:47 pm

Despite the last version being an excellent drive, the latest Subaru STi is significantly improved in most areas, and still remains competitively priced. The Prodrive Performance Pack provides even more power to an already super-quick saloon - and combined with outstanding roadholding, this ensures the new STi remains an iconic road-going rally car

The Impreza is still one of the most entertaining drivers' cars money can buy - and it's likely to remain at the top for years to come. On sale in Japan this month, the new-look machine is expected in UK showrooms by the end of the year. And with an all-new 2.5-litre turbo engine on the horizon, Mitsubishi Evo drivers had better look out.

Subaru will introduce the changes across the Impreza range, and while the flagship STi comes in saloon guise only, the lesser WRX is also available as a practical estate.

Engine: 2.0-litre 4cyl, 280bhp

0-60mph: 4.6 seconds

Price: £26,000 (est)

The Impreza remains competitive thanks to Subaru's continuous modifications. For 2005, the range is getting a host of driving and comfort tweaks, and the WRX STi Type UK has some major mechanical revisions to improve what's already a highly capable performance saloon.

In addition, there are better cabin materials, plus a new centre console and air-conditioning controls to bring the dash up to date. But while the interior is very well constructed, the quality of the materials still can't quite match that of the European opposition.

However, only a few minutes behind the wheel confirm that Subaru would rather spend its resources elsewhere. And on the strength of this Prodrive-enhanced version's incredible driving ability, you have to agree with the company's policy. Small increases in wheelbase and rear track, thoroughly revised suspension, a new adjustable centre differential and a faster-acting front differential translate into fantastically secure and adjustable handling in all conditions. Meanwhile, the wider Bridgestone tyres may be noisier than before, but they are astoundingly grippy.

Under the bonnet, the Prodrive enhancements wring 300bhp and 405Nm from the 2.0-litre turbo engine, and the slick six-speed box helps launch the STi from 0-60mph in a mere 4.6 seconds

So if you can afford a car like that and do like the speed go for it ...
loverpuller

Re: Subaru Impreza. THE REASON THEIR HARD TO SELL I

Postby lehivbuhu » Sat Jun 13, 2009 8:50 am

THE REASON THEIR HARD TO SELL IS THAT EVERYONE KNOWS THAT PEOPLE BUY THOSE CARS BECAUSE THEY WANT TO GO FAST. SO PEOPLE BURN OUT AND RACE THEM ALL THE TIME. WHICH MEANS THEIR IS A LOT OF WEAR AND TEAR ON THE CAR'S ENGINE AND TRANNY... wOULD YOU BUY ONE USED?
lehivbuhu

Re: Subaru Impreza. here's a link on ebay where

Postby partorrin » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:12 am

here's a link on ebay where you can read reviews of them
partorrin

Re: Subaru Impreza. I would of thought that they we

Postby mitinvaleriiasd » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:04 am

I would of thought that they were hard to sell due to insurance costs.
mitinvaleriiasd

Re: Subaru Impreza. the only impreza worth buying t

Postby LokkusMaid » Mon Jun 15, 2009 7:24 am

the only impreza worth buying that you can sell the next day is a 3 door 22b or a p1, series mccrea anything else forget it if it was me i would buy a nice series 1 rs turbo or a Mitsubishi evo 3 or maybe a lancia delta turbo these cars will get you respect and are much better in my view
LokkusMaid

Re: Subaru Impreza. why would you only keep it a fe

Postby LoveckaSezona » Mon Jun 15, 2009 4:47 pm

why would you only keep it a few months? You might be ahead of the game to rent a car instead.
LoveckaSezona

Re: Subaru Impreza. Can’t see the logic.... Assum

Postby admigerie » Mon Jun 15, 2009 6:42 pm

Can’t see the logic.... Assuming you are talking about a new car you will lose a considerable amount... With any car a full service history will improve the resale value but not if you only have it for 5 months. If for whatever reason you only need a car for this short period of time buy an oldish one.....
admigerie

Next

Return to Subaru Forum