Is the Subaru Outback a very reliable car.

Is the Subaru Outback a very reliable car.

Postby HeartCharts » Fri May 29, 2009 11:28 pm

I'm thinking of buying a used late 90's Outback and I want to make sure that it will be worth it.

I also want to make sure it is a car that I'll never need to haul into the shop (or at least not too much).

Also does the AWD make it more prone to need repairs too.
HeartCharts

Re: Is the Subaru Outback a very reliable car. the car you mention is very rel

Postby FortFgore » Sat Jun 27, 2009 9:43 pm

HeartCharts wrote:I'm thinking of buying a used late 90's Outback and I want to make sure that it will be worth it.

I also want to make sure it is a car that I'll never need to haul into the shop (or at least not too much).

the car you mention is very reliable, but like all cars, preventative maintenance is the key. every car would be more reliable if the owner would take care of it. AWD does not make it more repair prone. just learn about what it is. get to know your car.
FortFgore

Re: Is the Subaru Outback a very reliable car. As with any car there are poten

Postby QortYore » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:59 am

HeartCharts wrote:I'm thinking of buying a used late 90's Outback and I want to make sure that it will be worth it.

As with any car there are potential problems.

http://www.motortrend.com/cars/2005/subaru/outback/recalls/index.html
QortYore

Re: Is the Subaru Outback a very reliable car. Subaru has it down. The Outbac

Postby dlotgfyposer » Wed Jul 01, 2009 11:13 am

Subaru has it down. The Outback is a solid car, but you need to look at the individual machine as well. Have a mechanic go over it for you before you buy.
dlotgfyposer

Re: Is the Subaru Outback a very reliable car.

Postby dariuswilkinson » Tue May 15, 2012 1:49 am

Agree on you. Outback is actually the most competent model to me. the performance is no doubt excellent and the mileage is great. On the other hand, the maintenance is easy as other brands out there since replacement Subaru parts are accessible both local and online. There are also service centers that are willing to help anytime.
dariuswilkinson

Return to Subaru Forum