How much does a new or used manual transmission for a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta cost.

How much does a new or used manual transmission for a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta cost.

Postby rookiedoo » Fri May 29, 2009 12:27 pm

I drive a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta with a manual transmission. I pulled to a stop light today and when i went to move forward the car wouldnt budge. I did everything to try and get it to move, and then to try and push it off the road, no luck.

The mechanic believes the synchro is broken and i may need a new transmission. How much would a new or used transmission for my vehicle cost me?
rookiedoo

Re: How much does a new or used manual transmission for a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta cost. Find a used one here http//car

Postby BillyLindsey » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:49 am

Find a used one here

http://car-part.com
BillyLindsey

Re: How much does a new or used manual transmission for a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta cost. VERY unlikely!!! More likely yo

Postby Surviveiancel » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:19 am

rookiedoo wrote:I drive a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta with a manual transmission. I pulled to a stop light today and when i went to move forward the car wouldnt budge. I did everything to try and get it to move, and then to try and push it off the road, no luck.

The mechanic believes the synchro is broken and i may need a new transmission. How much would a new or used transmission for my vehicle cost me?

VERY unlikely!!! More likely your shift cable or linkage is out of whack. Might even be clutch fluid contamination. I would be really surprised if you have a gear problem, unless th trans was run dry, without proper VW gear oil in it. If it IS the trans, try Parts Place for all Volkswagens in Pontiac, Mi. 1-248-373-2300. They will have perfectly good used and new units. Good Luck!!!
Surviveiancel

Re: How much does a new or used manual transmission for a 2003

Postby josentiu » Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:07 am

rookiedoo wrote:I drive a 2003 Volkswagen Jetta with a manual transmission. I pulled to a stop light today and when i went to move forward the car wouldnt budge. I did everything to try and get it to move, and then to try and push it off the road, no luck.

There are a lot of junkyards out there. But if you want you can go online for some sort of VW parts. But one thing that you should consider is the VIN number of the vehicle in order for it to fit on the Jetta. There are also auto repair service centers out there just in case you find some difficulty with the tuning process.
josentiu

Return to Volkswagen Forum