How to Disassemble the Center Console on a Volvo S40/V40.

How to Disassemble the Center Console on a Volvo S40/V40.

Postby Trissinas » Tue Jun 09, 2009 4:16 am

I have a 2001 Volvo S40. The cigarette lighter (12V Power Outlet) broke on my center console. It just dropped into the whole where it was sitting on. I might have pushed it too hard.

I managed to pull it back, but something broke off and if I push it a little harder it will go back again. I would like to fix it somehow permanently, but I couldn't take apart the center console.

A step by step instruction would be really helpful. Thanks in advance!
Trissinas

Re: How to Disassemble the Center Console on a Volvo S40/V40. email me and i can send you ste

Postby MioSan77 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:54 pm

Trissinas wrote:I have a 2001 Volvo S40. The cigarette lighter (12V Power Outlet) broke on my center console. It just dropped into the whole where it was sitting on. I might have pushed it too hard.

I managed to pull it back, but something broke off and if I push it a little harder it will go back again. I would like to fix it somehow permanently, but I couldn't take apart the center console.

email me and i can send you step by step instructions
MioSan77

Re: How to Disassemble the Center Console on a Volvo S40/V40. hammer and chisel

Postby ironman » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:45 pm

Trissinas wrote:I have a 2001 Volvo S40. The cigarette lighter (12V Power Outlet) broke on my center console. It just dropped into the whole where it was sitting on. I might have pushed it too hard.

hammer and chisel
ironman

Re: How to Disassemble the Center Console on a Volvo S40/V40.

Postby wink » Wed Oct 05, 2011 6:37 am

here, i find this hope that this will help you. this is for the old model of volvo.
first remove the panel inside the center console.
press the catch in at one of the upper corners of the radio panel by using a small screw driver.Carefully pry off the radio panel at one side.
if you find the panel hard to remove, press the panel on both sides again and repeat this procedure. Start on the opposite side to the previous time. Remove the infotainment control module (ICM).
remove the 2 connectors from the infotainment control module (ICM), the connector from the center console, the panel. See below for more info.
wink

Re: How to Disassemble the Center Console on a Volvo S40/V40.

Postby haroldQ » Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:46 am

This thread has been around for years but the manual you’ve uploaded is really helpful. I got your point. The two connectors inside there are the once where ICM is associated. Volvo S40 is such a rare care and only a few who knew them. And when it comes come to repair and with regards to Volvo engine parts, everyone would sure find difficulty with it. But the best way is to always ask the dealer with regards to the TSB.
haroldQ

Return to Volvo Forum