Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed.

Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed.

Postby AstalRobertA » Tue Jun 09, 2009 10:35 pm

I just purchased a 2005 Volvo S40. The oil and filter change seem to be a bit more complicated than the standard sedan. I tried looking up the process online but didn't find enough information to feel comfortable trying it. Jiffy Lube promptly told me they can't do it. Is there any place besides the dealers that do this?? Directions or a garage chain that does it would be greatly appreciated. I can remove the dip tray on my own.

Thanks
AstalRobertA

Re: Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed. go to an independent volvo re

Postby gazavod » Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 am

go to an independent volvo repair shop.

or go to a volvo dealer

suggest you stay away from jiffy lube and the like.

they arre good for the junky american cars even though the 2005 volvo is just a ford
gazavod

Re: Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed. just go to any other oil change

Postby badcreditcar11 » Wed Jun 17, 2009 1:16 pm

just go to any other oil change on gas station.
badcreditcar11

Re: Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed. Volvo dealership

Postby Loonerisav » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:23 am

AstalRobertA wrote:I just purchased a 2005 Volvo S40. The oil and filter change seem to be a bit more complicated than the standard sedan. I tried looking up the process online but didn't find enough information to feel comfortable trying it. Jiffy Lube promptly told me they can't do it. Is there any place besides the dealers that do this?? Directions or a garage chain that does it would be greatly appreciated. I can remove the dip tray on my own.

Thanks

Volvo dealership
Loonerisav

Re: Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed. if you got your car at a volvo

Postby hemesuj » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:05 pm

if you got your car at a volvo dealer, take it to them, thats what they specialize in.
hemesuj

Re: Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed. stop into autozone and buy a ca

Postby grregllannderss » Fri Jun 19, 2009 5:18 pm

AstalRobertA wrote:I just purchased a 2005 Volvo S40. The oil and filter change seem to be a bit more complicated than the standard sedan. I tried looking up the process online but didn't find enough information to feel comfortable trying it. Jiffy Lube promptly told me they can't do it. Is there any place besides the dealers that do this?? Directions or a garage chain that does it would be greatly appreciated. I can remove the dip tray on my own.

Thanks

stop into autozone and buy a car book specifically for your car they cost $30 but they will tell you everything you need to know if you look in the right place
grregllannderss

Re: Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed.

Postby dariuswilkinson » Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:37 am

Thanks

Sorry for a post that is late in time but i guess it's time get the tsb of the said model and let it be your guide in solving your issue. There are actually downloadable versions from the net. on the other hand, if you are looking for replacement Volvo parts then you can browse partstrain.com directly. on the other hand, if you are planning to visit the mechanic make sure, they're the ones you can put your trust into. You know, quite hard to lay your car in someone's hand most especially to a person you haven't known personally...
dariuswilkinson

Re: Where do you get a 2005 Volvo S40 oil changed.

Postby stenejohn » Tue May 29, 2012 5:36 am

Hi,

Under the hood, under a plastic cap with a 36mm plastic nut by the belts.
Lift the hood and notice an air intake hose on your left at the front that looks like an attachment to a shop vac. You need to remove this along with the plastic piece it is connected to that sits directly behind it. You'll need a 10mm socket.
Once you've removed the plastic hoses you'll see the oil filter housing on the engine block. It has a plastic cap and requires a 36mm socket to remove it. If the cap is stuck, don't try to force the cap off with channel locks or a wrench. You'll crack the housing and be pretty upset. Use the socket and you should have no problems.

Thank you.
Cheap ATVs
stenejohn

Return to Volvo Forum