how to take car of volvo s60.

how to take car of volvo s60.

Postby Moonlila » Mon Jun 29, 2009 9:34 am

i have a 2004 volvo s60t. i would like to know some ways i can take good care of it. like i bought a car covering bag, since i dont have a garage, to cover it. is this necessary? when should i get an oil check? people are telling me 5000 miles or 7000 miles or 3000 milles. give me all the details of taking care of this car. and what kind of gas should i put: reg, plus, or prem?
Moonlila

Re: how to take car of volvo s60. Sounds like Who Ever had the ca

Postby figlogol » Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:28 am

Moonlila wrote:i have a 2004 volvo s60t. i would like to know some ways i can take good care of it. like i bought a car covering bag, since i dont have a garage, to cover it. is this necessary? when should i get an oil check? people are telling me 5000 miles or 7000 miles or 3000 milles. give me all the details of taking care of this car. and what kind of gas should i put: reg, plus, or prem?

Sounds like Who Ever had the car last took good care of it !

ok as for the Car Cover if you dont drive it that often its a great thing to have ,but if its your every day Driver keep it washed and waxed that will protect the finish.

The oil shoud be checked once a week if thats what you are asking ,and if you mean Change then every 3000 miles .
figlogol

Re: how to take car of volvo s60. There are 4 most important main

Postby car4loan11 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 2:20 am

There are 4 most important maintenance items in your engine

(1) engine oil (3k - 5K miles) - 5K miles if you do more HWY driving. Safe to do it earlier than later.

(2) tranny oil (30K miles)

(3) coolant (3 years)

(4) timing belt (60K miles)

Just keep those maintenance and your engine and tranny will be problem free. You will have other problems but those you can fix as they go bad. In my opinion, as long as you have good working engine + tranny, the car is worth spending money on.

I have a 94 Civic with 187K miles and the engine + tranny + suspension runs like new. I get 41 MPG (doing 72 MPH). I can get even better MPG doing 55.

Good maintenance pays off.

Good Luck...

P.S. If you have a turbo (I forget about your volvo model), then it is a MUST that you use FULL synthetic oil - no questions.

P.P.S. Some European cars has long mileage coolant and / or tranny fluid. They also their own very specific coolant and tranny fluid. That you will have to investigate further. Get a Chilton or Haynes repair manual at the very least.
car4loan11

Re: how to take car of volvo s60.

Postby insane.nick » Mon Dec 10, 2012 11:59 am

Volvo S60 is a luxury sedan belonging to the D segment of deluxe cars. The stunning car has a strong technological base which determines its performance, safety and fuel efficiency. The Volvo S60 comes with many major and minor detailing which makes it look unique in the market.
The major tips for taking care of car are :
- Clean brake dust off regularly
- Check your tyre pressures
- Check your belts
- Fuel Economy
- Checking your oil level
- Checking your coolant level
- Sportier cars have higher compression engines which generate more power and require higher octane fuel to prevent detonation. But if your handbook says regular then use regular oil.
- Check your battery terminals
insane.nick

Return to Volvo Forum