Is it smart to leave a volvo with the car doors unlocked.

Is it smart to leave a volvo with the car doors unlocked.

Postby carpayment11 » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:14 pm

Is it smart to leave a $15,000 Volvo on the drive way with the car doors unlocked even if its in a relatively "safe" neighborhood everyday?

That is what my step father does and I question his common sense alot.
carpayment11

Re: Is it smart to leave a volvo with the car doors unlocked. I live in a safe neighborhood a

Postby Launciada » Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:41 am

I live in a safe neighborhood and I still lock my car when I get out its a force of habit. Plus with electronic locks I just press a button and its done.

One of my firends lives in a gated community and they frequently leave their Mercedes unlocked and the keys in the car. When I left my car there for a few days at his house he said just leave the keys in the car unlocked under then mat. It was far from normal practice and something I would never do again just cause I was worried about my car
Launciada

Re: Is it smart to leave a volvo with the car doors unlocked. As long as the keys are not in

Postby AlexJefferson » Fri Jul 03, 2009 4:19 pm

carpayment11 wrote:Is it smart to leave a $15,000 Volvo on the drive way with the car doors unlocked even if its in a relatively "safe" neighborhood everyday?

That is what my step father does and I question his common sense alot.

As long as the keys are not in the car it is common.

Believe me if a person wants to "get" into a car and take it, the door locks are a minor problem. This way the radio may get jacked, but most person will leave the car alone, except the pros.
AlexJefferson

Re: Is it smart to leave a volvo with the car doors unlocked. No.

Postby Hgtriumphator » Tue Jul 07, 2009 12:06 am

No.
Hgtriumphator

Re: Is it smart to leave a volvo with the car doors unlocke

Postby insane.nick » Wed May 30, 2012 5:38 am

I don't think so.Stealing of car is a big problem now.And these high price cars poses more threat.
insane.nick

Return to Volvo Forum